It’s the final week of Monday and Tuesday releases before our worldwide change to the Global Release Day, and several acts are looking at notable debuts on the Billboard 200. (NOTE: some of the items listed below may not be available until Monday night based on label response time and/or Apple Music’s launch this week.) Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of June 29/30:
- 29-year-old singer Miguel had a huge era with 2012’s Gold-certified Kaleidoscope Dream, including the enduring Urban hit turned minor Pop crossover single “Adorn”. A number of featured appearances (and an award show mishap) followed that. Radio hasn’t been as reactive to “Coffee”, but retail should be pouring a little more love on Wildheart, new in stores today. It’s looking at potentially being next week’s top debut. (iTunes)
- With his first studio album since the fall of 2012, the Philadelphia rapper named Meek Mill returns with Dreams Worth More Than Money, featuring the current Urban radio single “All Eyes On You”, which also includes rapper Nicki Minaj and singer Chris Brown. After several delays, the set is highly-anticipated, so look for it to make a splash in the top five next week. (iTunes)
- Officially spending their third week in a row atop the Alternative radio chart with “Renegades”, the New York band called X Ambassadors pop in a VHS for your buying pleasure… on a compact disc or in a digital download, of course. The new set also features “Jungle”, which charted lowly on the Hot 100 last year. (iTunes)
- Country star Easton Corbin is enjoying success on both the dance circuit, with his sped-up vocal on “Are You With Me” by Lost Frequencies, and in his regular musical space, where “Baby Be My Love Song” is an airplay hit. Containing that latter song is About To Get Real, out this week. (iTunes)
- Singer Joy Williams, now solo again after two albums with The Civil Wars, is back with her latest outing, Venus. The album features the single “Woman (Oh Mama)” and it’s doing fairly well with the critics thus far. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: August Burns Red‘s Found In Far Away Places (iTunes), Bassnectar‘s Into The Sun (iTunes), Good Old War‘s Broken Into Better Shape (iTunes), Neil Young + Promise Of The Real‘s The Monsanto Years (iTunes), Slightly Stoopid‘s Meanwhile… Back At The Lab (iTunes), Vince Staples‘s Summertime ’06 (iTunes) and the Various Artists compilation from the upcoming film Magic Mike XXL (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Cool For The Summer”, new from Demi Lovato. (iTunes – Wednesday)
- “Freedom”, a new single by Pharrell Williams. (iTunes)
- “Locked Away”, new from R. City and Adam Levine. (iTunes)
- “Nothing But Trouble”, a collaboration from Lil Wayne and Charlie Puth. (iTunes)
We’ll see you on July 10 for the first Friday edition of our weekly new releases post, featuring acts like R5, Years & Years and more! Until then, have a great Fourth Of July weekend.