The boys of summer are out to shine on this week with three male soloists all looking at notable debuts on the horizon. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of June 16:
- “Today Today Today” is the day that the legendary James Taylor‘s latest album, Before This World, is out to the world. It’s his first set of original material since 2002’s October Road, though he’s released some covers and live albums since it. With Father’s Day fast approaching on Sunday, the older demo may drive his latest set to the top of the charts. (iTunes)
- Former American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert returns with his third studio album, The Original High, his first to be released with Warner Bros. Records. First single “Ghost Town” is currently haunting the homes of multiple formats. Will the set become his third top five album on the Billboard 200? It definitely has a shot. (iTunes)
- From fun., singer Nate Ruess is out with his solo debut, Grand Romantic. It features “Nothing Without Love”, recently a minor hit on the CHR and Hot AC radio charts, and a collaboration with Beck. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Amos Lee and the Colorado Symphony‘s Live At Red Rocks (iTunes), Big Smo‘s Bringin’ It Home (EP) (iTunes), Giorgio Moroder‘s Déjà Vu (iTunes), Hilary Duff‘s Breathe In. Breathe Out. (iTunes), Hudson Mohawke‘s Lantern (iTunes), Jill Scott‘s Golden Moments (iTunes), Mika‘s No Place In Heaven (iTunes), Robert Glasper‘s Covered (The Robert Glasper Trio Recorded Live At Capitol Studios) (iTunes), Ryn Weaver‘s The Fool (iTunes), Smashing Satellites‘s SonicAluzion (iTunes), The SteelDrivers‘s The Muscle Shoals Recordings (iTunes), Third Eye Blind‘s Dopamine (iTunes), Walk Off The Earth‘s Sing It All Away (iTunes) and the compilation Dylan, Cash, and The Nashville Cats: A New Music City (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Dime Store Cowgirl”, an instant grat song from Kacey Musgraves. (iTunes)
- “Dreams”, the new single from Beck. (iTunes)
- “Get Better”, an instant grat track from Frank Turner. (iTunes)
- “Golden”, a single from Travie McCoy and Sia. (iTunes)
- “Look What We’ve Become”, new from Grace Potter. (iTunes)
- “Pressure Off”, the new single from Duran Duran and Janelle Monáe. (iTunes)
Country singer/songwriter Kacey Musgraves is likely to score next week’s top new entry with Pageant Material, but how will other new albums from Tori Kelly and X Ambassadors chart? A full preview is coming in seven.