Out of all the releases on the schedule this week, these ones get to the “Heart” of the charts. Where exactly will they land? Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of April 15:
- One of this week’s top new releases comes from rockers NEEDTOBREATHE and their fifth studio album, Rivers In The Wasteland. Lead single “The Heart” is currently at AAA radio. Given that their last effort debuted in the top ten on the Billboard 200, look for this to as well, with a good chance of entering the top five. (iTunes)
- Singer/songwriter Ingrid Michaelson‘s Lights Out lights up record stores this week; it’s her first album release since 2012. “Girls Chase Boys” is currently gaining airplay at several formats and should carry the album to an easy top five debut given her decent fan base. (iTunes)
- Last year, while Jason Derulo charted moderately in Europe with album called Tattoos, his U.S. audience only received a five song EP of the same name. Now, that full-length effort gets a Stateside release as Talk Dirty, named after his recent hit. Derulo’s never been a big seller when it comes to albums, so don’t except impressive numbers with this. Still, a top ten debut is very much in the cards. (iTunes)
- Popular metal band Sevendust are back and their latest is titled Time Travelers & Bonfires. It’s an all acoustic album, featuring both new material and reworked versions of some of their classics. (iTunes)
- Rapper Nas‘s classic Illmatic album turns 20 this month; now, Illmatic XX, a deluxe rerelease with new packaging and bonus material, is in stores today. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Afghan Whigs‘s Do To The Beast (iTunes), Billy Porter‘s Billy’s Back On Broadway (iTunes), Breathe Carolina‘s Savages (iTunes), Dan Wilson‘s Love Without Fear (iTunes), Emerson Hart‘s Beauty In Disrepair (iTunes), Ian Anderson‘s Homo Erraticus (iTunes), Justin Nozuka‘s Ulysses (iTunes), Paolo Nutini‘s Iron Sky (EP) (iTunes), Rodney Crowell‘s Tarpaper Sky (iTunes), Secret Sisters‘s Put Your Needle Down (iTunes) and The Both‘s The Both (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Heart’s On Fire”, a new digital single from Passenger. (iTunes)
- “Human”, the latest pre-release track from Cher Lloyd. (iTunes)
- “Love Runs Out”, new from OneRepublic from the re-release of their album Native. (iTunes)
- “Not In That Way”, another digital track from singer Sam Smith. (iTunes)
- “West Coast”, the first single from Lana Del Rey‘s forthcoming album. (iTunes)
Next week, rapper Iggy Azalea‘s The New Classic and electro-rockers Neon Trees‘s Pop Psychology are among the schedule’s top new releases. A full preview is coming in seven!