Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: the trio of Kane Brown, Khalid and Swae Lee sway the pop panel and find themselves at the top of the adds report. Let’s add ’em up:
YES, HE KANE: With 85 adds in its opening week, “Be Like That” by Kane Brown, Khalid and Swae Lee easily takes the top spot. The big collaboration, which is already flying towards the top 40 at the format, also secured a half dozen adds at the Hot AC format on Monday’s update, two weeks ahead of its impact date there.
Look out for Blackbear‘s new single “Queen Of Broken Hearts”, which impacts at the end of July. This week, it’s starting out early with a total of 24 stations, good for a fourth place finish. It will easily reach the top 50 before its official adds date.
Another new song in the top ten is Avenue Beat‘s “F2020”, which ties for eighth place with 15 stations this week. After going viral on the video platform TikTok, the trio released a full version, which is reacting nicely at both digital retail and streaming.
Charting singles from Ava Max, Jack Harlow and Jackson Wang returned to the top ten on the adds report this week.
We’ll see you next Tuesday for another adds recap, including music from Tate McRae and Zara Larsson.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. KANE BROWN, SWAE LEE & KHALID, “Be Like That” (RCA-Interscope)
2. JAWSH 685 x JASON DERULO, “Savage Love” (Columbia)
3. TOPIC & A7S, “Breaking Me” (Astralwerks/Capitol)
4. BLACKBEAR, “Queen Of Broken Hearts” (Alamo/Interscope)
5. TREVOR DANIEL x SELENA GOMEZ, “Past Life” (Alamo/Interscope)
6. KYGO featuring ONEREPUBLIC, “Lose Somebody” (Interscope-RCA)
7. JACK HARLOW, “Whats Poppin” (Atlantic)
8-T. AVA MAX, “Kings & Queens” (Atlantic)
8-T. AVENUE BEAT, “F2020” (Tape Room/Valory-in2une)
10. JACKSON WANG, “100 Ways” (88rising/12Tone)
(PGTC supports the fight against racial inequality in our country: please use this resources website and help where you can.)