March brings some madness to the music biz, and there are many emerging acts, as well as old favorites, to grab your attention in our latest new releases recap. Here are this week’s album and single releases:
- GRANGER SMITH — Remington (iTunes)
- Smith recently topped the Country radio chart with “Backroad Song”, a single that was aided by iHeartMedia’s On The Verge program. “If The Boot Fits” was recently named the next single, and it heads for adds on March 14. Will the set named after a firearm company hit the top ten with a bullet? Stay tuned.
- MIIKE SNOW — III (iTunes)
- The Swedish trio’s first album in four years features the single “Genghis Khan”, which is very close to reaching the top ten on the Alternative radio survey. Though the act formed nearly a decade ago, this is their biggest U.S. hit to date.
- THE KNOCKS — 55 (iTunes)
- New York’s B-Roc and J-Patt have been remixing for other artists for years now, and the duo’s first full-length set sees them collaborating with acts like Carly Rae Jepsen and Walk The Moon, making for some great tunes.
- THE STRUTS — Everybody Wants (iTunes)
- Originally released in 2014, then pulled because of a new U.S. record deal, this reissue of the English band’s debut album features five new songs and the radio singles “Could Have Been Me” and “Kiss This”.
- More albums out this week: Kendrick Lamar‘s untitled unmastered. (iTunes), Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz‘s Collegrove (iTunes), Loretta Lynn‘s Full Circle (iTunes), Nick Bean‘s L.O.V.E. (iTunes), Ninja Sex Party‘s Under The Covers (iTunes), Omi‘s Me 4 U: The Remixes (iTunes), The Rubens‘s Hoops (iTunes), The Saint Johns‘s Dead Of Night (iTunes), Tonight Alive‘s Limitless (iTunes), Violent Femmes‘s We Can Do Anything (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Day Wave‘s Hard To Read (iTunes), Frank Turner‘s Mittens (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “American Country Love Song”, Jake Owen (iTunes)
- “Bourbon”, Gallant (iTunes)
- “Chronic”, Phoebe Ryan (iTunes)
- “Desire”, Years & Years featuring Tove Lo (iTunes)
- “Do It, Try It”, M83 (iTunes)
- “Down”, Marian Hill (iTunes)
- “Get Out”, Frightened Rabbit (iTunes)
- “Lips”, Oyster Kids (iTunes)
- “Love Yourself”, Jasmine Thompson (iTunes)
- “No”, Meghan Trainor (iTunes)
- “Painkillers”, Brian Fallon (iTunes)
- “Shovels & Dirt”, The Stumbellas (iTunes)
- “Sleep Like A Baby”, K. Michelle (iTunes)
- “When I Wake Up Tomorrow”, Cheap Trick (iTunes)
- “You’re Not There”, Lukas Graham (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from 3 Doors Down, Jeff Buckley, Randy Houser and more.