Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: the radio report is brought to you by the letter B, as in Cardi B, and other top letters and numbers from across the pop panel. Let’s add ’em up:
IT’S A GIRL THING: As those June tunes invade the pop airwaves, one lands well above the rest this Tuesday. Of course, it’s not a surprise that this week’s Most Added song at the Top 40 format is “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5, with a new remix featuring the previously mentioned Cardi B. Now, this comes at the same time that her new radio single as a lead act, “I Like It”, with Latin stars Bad Bunny and J Balvin, is also breaking out at the format. I guess there’s a whole lot to like about her, heh? In any case, “Girls” puts up a very strong 108 stations on impact, while “I Like” grabs another 38 stations, finishing in third place. The original version of “Girls” can be found on the group’s 2017 release Red Pill Blues. Cardi B’s Invasion Of Privacy continues to draw large streaming numbers week-to-week.
As he makes his way to #1 at the format with the Ty Dolla $ign-assisted “Psycho”, Post Malone is also having a super week with the follow-up single, “Better Now”. During its impact week, it scored 46 stations, settling for the runner-up spot. “Better” also went to the Rhythmic format this week, where it also took second place with a solid 25 new stations on impact. The song snuck in at #50 on last Sunday’s published update, and should have a substantial gain (in both spins and position) by this coming weekend.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. MAROON 5 featuring CARDI B, “Girls Like You” (222/Interscope)
2. POST MALONE, “Better Now” (Republic)
3. CARDI B, BAD BUNNY & J BALVIN, “I Like It” (KSR Group/Atlantic)
4. BACKSTREET BOYS, “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart” (RCA)
5. MEGHAN TRAINOR, “Let You Be Right” (Epic)
6. BTS, “Fake Love” (Columbia)
7. PHARRELL WILLIAMS x CAMILA CABELLO, “Sangria Wine” (Columbia)
8. 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER, “Youngblood” (Capitol)
9. SOFIA REYES featuring JASON DERULO & DE LA GHETTO, “1, 2, 3” (Warner Bros.)
10. CASH CASH featuring ABIR, “Finest Hour” (Big Beat/RRP)