Whether you like the 1970’s, the 2010’s, or both decades, this week’s New Music Friday has music that’s good for all ages. Here are this week’s album and single releases:
- THE 1975 — I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it (iTunes)
- The most anticipated album this week comes from the British quartet behind “Chocolate”, “Girls” and “Love Me”. Will the American buying public love them? I think so. A top five entry looks likely for the new set, a notable jump from the #28 peak of their self-titled debut. We’ll see if they can blast past the likes of Adele and Justin Bieber to claim their first chart-topping album.
- MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS — This Unruly Mess I’ve Made (iTunes)
- Attention, thrift shoppers, your favorite Seattle duo is back with what is truly a Mess of an era so far. In what may be the next case of a sophomore slump, this act’s “Downtown” barely touched the top ten on pop radio. Several of the collaborations released since then have failed to chart. Better luck next time, boys?
- WALK THE MOON — You Are Not Alone (Live At The Greek) (iTunes)
- The band’s first full-length live album was recorded at The Greek Theatre in Los Angeles, and features their latest single “Work This Body”. The set includes a mix of cuts from their self-titled album and Talking Is Hard.
- More albums out this week: Bonnie Raitt‘s Dig In Deep (iTunes), Brian McKnight‘s Better (iTunes), Chuck Wicks‘s Turning Point (iTunes), From Ashes To New‘s Day One (iTunes), Hands Like Houses‘s Dissonants (iTunes), Hillsong Young & Free‘s Youth Revival (Live) (iTunes), Novelists‘s Souvenirs (iTunes), Phil Collins‘s deluxe editions of Dance Into The Light (iTunes) and Hello, I Must Be Going (iTunes), Run River North‘s Drinking From A Salt Pond (iTunes), Santigold‘s 99 Cents (iTunes), School Of Seven Bells‘s SVIIB (iTunes), The Dunwells‘s Light Up The Sky (iTunes), The Moth & The Flame‘s Young & Unafraid (iTunes), Tweet‘s Charlene (iTunes), Willie Nelson‘s Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin (iTunes), George Fest: A Night To Celebrate The Music Of George Harrison (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: The Downtown Fiction‘s Alligator Tears (iTunes), XYLØ‘s America (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Animals”, Coast Modern (iTunes)
- “Beautiful”, Jordan Smith (iTunes)
- “Been To The Moon”, Corinne Bailey Rae (iTunes)
- “Change My Mind”, Stone Cold Fox (iTunes)
- “Girls Like”, Tinie Tempah featuring Zara Larsson (iTunes)
- “Hello Friday”, Flo Rida featuring Jason Derulo (iTunes)
- “Holla”, MAX (iTunes)
- “In The Morning”, ZHU (iTunes)
- “Love Me Like That”, The Knocks featuring Carly Rae Jepsen (iTunes)
- “Rock Bottom”, Hailee Steinfeld featuring DNCE (iTunes)
- “Someone Who Can Dance”, Icona Pop (iTunes)
- “Time”, K. Michelle (iTunes)
- “Vroom Vroom”, Charli XCX (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from Day Wave, Miike Snow, The Struts and more.