The Bolt and the Beautiful.
Get jelly of this release schedule because we’re about to Jam out in the middle of Q4. Here are all the albums and singles you need to know about for the week of October 15:
- With the tenth studio album in their illustrious career, Eddie Vedder and his band, Pearl Jam, are out with the highly-anticipated Lightning Bolt. The album features the Alternative hits “Mind Your Manners” and “Sirens”. Look for this to be a potential contender for #1 next week. (iTunes)
- From The Beatles to Wings and his own solo projects, Paul McCartney‘s been making music for over 50 years now. His latest album is New, with the title track recently garnering some Adult Contemporary airplay. It’ll attract a good crowd, probably aiming for a top 5 debut on the album chart if not higher. (iTunes)
- Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw attempts to Make A Move with his fifth album, featuring lead single “Best I Ever Had”. Reaction’s been mixed on this one, but a top ten entry seems like it could happen. (iTunes) (Read my review!)
- Just ahead of the premiere of the VH1’s CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story, TLC is out with a greatest hits effort, TLC 20, featuring a new single “Meant To Be” along with all the hits you know and love. (iTunes)
- Fall Out Boy is following their album of earlier this year, Save Rock And Roll, with a new EP titled Pax Am Days. The 8-track effort was co-produced with Ryan Adams. (iTunes)
- Two big acts from the airwaves of Adult Alternative radio are stringing together some sensational albums this week. Take a listen to Magpie And The Dandelion by The Avett Brothers (iTunes) and Let’s Be Still by The Head And The Heart, the latter performing at CMJ this week (iTunes).
- In the world of Country music, check out former American Idol winner Scotty McCreery‘s second album See You Tonight (iTunes), singer-songwriter Will Hoge‘s Never Give In (iTunes) and the legend himself, Willie Nelson‘s To All The Girls… (iTunes). McCreery is the only one with a single in the Country top 40 at the moment, the title track, although his first week sales will be significantly lower than with his first album.
- …and in the Christmas music report, one of the potentially bigger albums of the season is released this week. It’s R&B singer Mary J. Blige‘s A Mary Christmas (iTunes). Sorry, no odes to crispy chicken wraps on this one.
- Other albums out this week include Anberlin‘s Devotion (iTunes), Basic Vacation‘s self-titled EP (iTunes), Diane Birch‘s Speak A Little Louder (iTunes), Glenn Lewis‘s Moment Of Truth (iTunes) and Toad The Wet Sprocket‘s New Constellation (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “All That Matters”, another Music Mondays track from Justin Bieber. (iTunes)
- “Let Me Go”, a duet between Avril Lavigne and Nickelback‘s Chad Kroeger from Lavigne’s forthcoming self-titled album. (iTunes) (Lyrics here!)
- “Rap God”, a digital single from rapper Eminem. (iTunes)
- “White Christmas”, a classic cover from Kelly Clarkson‘s forthcoming Christmas album, Wrapped In Red. (iTunes)
Next week is all about Katy Perry‘s PRISM! Find out about it and new albums from Andrea Bocelli and Brett Dennen and an EP from Fifth Harmony in seven.
This chart’s about to blow.
Looking for some last-minute stocking stuffers? Here’s your roundup of some of the new music releases for this week, in stores on December 4.
- Warrior is the new album from Ke$ha, her third release, and sadly, it doesn’t contain a hot and glittery remake of the Scandal hit from 1984. What a shame. However, if you’re looking for a solid pop and dance CD from your favorite Animal, then you’ve come to the right place. Highlights are “Crazy Kids” and “Supernatural”, plus, the album contains huge hit “Die Young” and second single “C’mon”. Iggy Pop is also featured on a track. Go figure. Warrior is a favorite for the #1 album in the land next week, unless Rod Stewart‘s Merry Christmas, Baby makes some significant gains.
- O.N.I.F.C. is the latest release from rapper Wiz Khalifa, his second studio album. “Work Hard, Play Hard” led off the set, which also contains second single, “Remember You”, featuring The Weeknd. It should be top 5 on the album chart. Khalifa’s Rolling Papers debuted at #2 on the chart last year.
- If you dig a little Country music, you’re probably familiar with the band Florida-Georgia Line. They recently hit #1 on the Country airplay chart with “Cruise” from their EP It’z Just What We Do. Well, now, their full-length album, Here’s To The Good Times, is released this week, featuring half a dozen new songs. You’ll probably find this album debuting somewhere in the top 15.
- Gavin DeGraw is slowly rising up the Hot Adult Contemporary chart with his new single, “Soldier”. It’s one of the tracks performed on DeGraw’s new concert release, Sweeter Live. The CD/DVD set contains an eleven track audio CD, plus a concert filmed in Lancaster, CA in full.
- Paloma Faith, who just performed on The Today Show, releases the Stateside version of her album Fall To Grace. “Picking Up The Pieces” is currently receiving Hot Adult Contemporary airplay. The album peaked at #2 in the United Kingdom.
- Other audio releases this week include Blur‘s Parklife and Hinder‘s Welcome To The Freakshow. The former release is also available on DVD.
Other assorted music DVDs and books out this week include:
- Live At Knebworth, 1979 by rock group Led Zeppelin. You’ll be seeing them in a few weeks being awarded at The Kennedy Center Honors.
- Own The Night: World Tour, a live release from top-selling Country group Lady Antebellum. The concert was recorded live in Little Rock, AK, and this DVD contains several bonus features with the band.
- Pearl Jam Twenty by Pearl Jam, a film directed by Cameron Crowe, plus a full performance from the band’s anniversary concert.
- This book is often cited by a lot of musicians and industry types alike, but the eighth edition of All You Need To Know About The Music Business by Donald S. Passman is out this week. Could be an interesting read.
Lastly, the new digital-only singles that you can buy this week:
- “I Feel It In My Bones”, this year’s annual Christmas single as put out by The Killers.
- The U.S. release of “Troublemaker” by Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida. It’s already been a #1 hit in the United Kingdom and it’s currently at #9 on my personal chart. Highly recommend it.
- “When I Was Your Man”, another digital single from the forthcoming Bruno Mars album, Unorthodox Jukebox.
Enjoy all the new music out this week!