Though the big albums of 2015 start hitting shelves next Tuesday, we have a few notable releases this week, including a big debut album from one of the top new names on Rhythmic and Urban radio. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of January 6:
- Don’t ask me how to pronounce the name Rae Sremmurd — you may as well call the duo Kris Kross 2.0. Luckily, their album can be called SremmLife, which will be next week’s highest debut on the Billboard 200 (unless there’s an act secretly planning something I don’t know about.) It features the singles “No Flex Zone” and “No Type” (iTunes).
- Other releases out this week include: Jim Brickman‘s Pure Romance (iTunes), Joshua Radin‘s Onward And Sideways (iTunes) and the physical release of Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross‘s soundtrack to Gone Girl (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Ayo”, a collaboration from Chris Brown and Tyga. (iTunes)
- “Hard Work”, a pre-release single from Ella Henderson. (iTunes)
- “Irresistible”, a pre-release album cut from Fall Out Boy. (iTunes)
- “Somebody”, by newcomer Natalie La Rose and featuring Jeremih. (iTunes)
Next week, it’s all about Mark Ronson‘s Uptown Special vs. Meghan Trainor‘s Title on the album chart to see if either one can knock Taylor Swift‘s 1989 out of #1. A preview is coming next Monday night!