Rock it out on this hot June weekend, but keep it a little Country too. We have a lot of both in this week’s schedule, so let’s get to it! Here are this week’s new albums and singles:
- RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS — The Getaway (iTunes)
- They’ve had over two dozen top ten singles on the Alternative radio chart and a half-dozen top five albums. So, what’s the next challenge for this legendary rock band? Beating Drake, of course, and his six-week #1 album titled Views. At this time, it’s too close to call, but with “Dark Necessities” riding high at radio and retail, a #1 bow is a possibility.
- JON PARDI — California Sunrise (iTunes)
- Pardi’s latest single, “Head Over Boots”, recently reached the top ten on the Country radio chart after a very long run. The California singer has been charting at the format since 2012. Look for him to debut somewhere in the top 20, just as his last album did.
- JAKE BUGG — On My One (iTunes)
- Though this set will do much bigger numbers in the U.K., Bugg has a small U.S. audience that will come out in the first week for it. Single “Gimme The Love” tanked at Alternative radio, barely reaching the top 40.
- More albums out this week: Bassnectar‘s Unlimited (iTunes), Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers‘s Rehab Reunion (iTunes), Gojira‘s Mafma (iTunes), Laura Mvula‘s The Dreaming Room (iTunes), LoCash‘s The Fighters (iTunes), Neko Case, k.d. lang and Laura Veirs‘s case/lang/veirs (iTunes), Sarah Jarosz‘s Undercurrent (iTunes), The Tragically Hip‘s Man Machine Poem (iTunes), Thousand Foot Krutch‘s Exhale (iTunes), We The Kings‘s So Far (iTunes), YG‘s Still Brazy (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Disclosure‘s Moog For Love (iTunes), KT Tunstall‘s Golden State (iTunes), Mumford & Sons‘s Johannesburg (iTunes), Seramic‘s Found (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Ain’t No Stopping Us Now”, Kane Brown (iTunes)
- “Are We Ready? (Wreck)”, Two Door Cinema Club (iTunes)
- “Better Love”, Hozier (iTunes)
- “Broken Drum”, Cash Cash featuring Michael “Fitz” Fitzpatrick (iTunes)
- “Flowerchild”, Coleman Hell (iTunes)
- “Good Grief”, Bastille (iTunes)
- “Hallelujah”, Alicia Keys (iTunes)
- “Hope You Understand”, Grace (iTunes)
- “Mamacita”, Tinie Tempah (iTunes)
- “No English”, Juicy J featuring Travi$ Scott (iTunes)
- “Pieces (Sam Feldt Remix)”, Rob Thomas (iTunes)
- “She Thinks I Still Care (Alt. Version, Take 2)”, Elvis Presley (iTunes)
- “Somebody’s Love”, Passenger (iTunes)
- “Summer Nights”, Tiësto featuring John Legend (iTunes)
- “Titus Was Born”, Young The Giant (iTunes)
- “You Don’t Get Me High Anymore”, Phantogram (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from Broods, The Avett Brothers and more.