Looking for some last-minute stocking stuffers? Here’s your roundup of some of the new music releases for this week, in stores on December 4.
- Warrior is the new album from Ke$ha, her third release, and sadly, it doesn’t contain a hot and glittery remake of the Scandal hit from 1984. What a shame. However, if you’re looking for a solid pop and dance CD from your favorite Animal, then you’ve come to the right place. Highlights are “Crazy Kids” and “Supernatural”, plus, the album contains huge hit “Die Young” and second single “C’mon”. Iggy Pop is also featured on a track. Go figure. Warrior is a favorite for the #1 album in the land next week, unless Rod Stewart‘s Merry Christmas, Baby makes some significant gains.
- O.N.I.F.C. is the latest release from rapper Wiz Khalifa, his second studio album. “Work Hard, Play Hard” led off the set, which also contains second single, “Remember You”, featuring The Weeknd. It should be top 5 on the album chart. Khalifa’s Rolling Papers debuted at #2 on the chart last year.
- If you dig a little Country music, you’re probably familiar with the band Florida-Georgia Line. They recently hit #1 on the Country airplay chart with “Cruise” from their EP It’z Just What We Do. Well, now, their full-length album, Here’s To The Good Times, is released this week, featuring half a dozen new songs. You’ll probably find this album debuting somewhere in the top 15.
- Gavin DeGraw is slowly rising up the Hot Adult Contemporary chart with his new single, “Soldier”. It’s one of the tracks performed on DeGraw’s new concert release, Sweeter Live. The CD/DVD set contains an eleven track audio CD, plus a concert filmed in Lancaster, CA in full.
- Paloma Faith, who just performed on The Today Show, releases the Stateside version of her album Fall To Grace. “Picking Up The Pieces” is currently receiving Hot Adult Contemporary airplay. The album peaked at #2 in the United Kingdom.
- Other audio releases this week include Blur‘s Parklife and Hinder‘s Welcome To The Freakshow. The former release is also available on DVD.
Other assorted music DVDs and books out this week include:
- Live At Knebworth, 1979 by rock group Led Zeppelin. You’ll be seeing them in a few weeks being awarded at The Kennedy Center Honors.
- Own The Night: World Tour, a live release from top-selling Country group Lady Antebellum. The concert was recorded live in Little Rock, AK, and this DVD contains several bonus features with the band.
- Pearl Jam Twenty by Pearl Jam, a film directed by Cameron Crowe, plus a full performance from the band’s anniversary concert.
- This book is often cited by a lot of musicians and industry types alike, but the eighth edition of All You Need To Know About The Music Business by Donald S. Passman is out this week. Could be an interesting read.
Lastly, the new digital-only singles that you can buy this week:
- “I Feel It In My Bones”, this year’s annual Christmas single as put out by The Killers.
- The U.S. release of “Troublemaker” by Olly Murs featuring Flo Rida. It’s already been a #1 hit in the United Kingdom and it’s currently at #9 on my personal chart. Highly recommend it.
- “When I Was Your Man”, another digital single from the forthcoming Bruno Mars album, Unorthodox Jukebox.
Enjoy all the new music out this week!