Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: several of last week’s fierce competitors have their eye on #1, while plenty of impacting releases, including cuts from Imagine Dragons and a collaboration from Marshmello and Anne-Marie, want to crash the party. Let’s add it all up:
“SOMETHING” TO TALK ABOUT: After his chart-topping debut for Man Of The Woods on the newest Billboard 200, Justin Timberlake leads yet another list, this week’s adds report at the Top 40 format, for “Say Something”, the second pop radio single from the project. (“Supplies” never officially went for adds, though it was in the top 50 for a few weeks.) The single, which features country star Chris Stapleton, takes in another 70 adds during the session. Stapleton is hoping to reach #1 on the country airplay list within the next few weeks with his latest hit there, “Broken Halos”.
Below the top spot on the list, “Friends” has an impressive debut for Marshmello and Anne-Marie, reacting with 46 stations on impact, good for second place this week. The DJ/producer is currently on a hot streak with the Top 40 audience, still way up in the top ten with a collaboration with Selena Gomez titled “Wolves”, while his lead vocalist, who collaborated with Clean Bandit on “Rockabye” last year, is still relatively new to this format. Rockers Imagine Dragons also score with their current crossover from the Alternative airwaves called “Whatever It Takes”, placing fourth with 41 stations on impact. It follows “Thunder”, which spent a week at #1 in November on the pop chart.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE featuring CHRIS STAPLETON, “Say Something” (RCA)
2. MARSHMELLO & ANNE-MARIE, “Friends” (Warner Bros.)
3. THE WEEKND & KENDRICK LAMAR, “Pray For Me” (Interscope-Republic)
4. IMAGINE DRAGONS, “Whatever It Takes” (KIDinaKORNER/Interscope)
5. ZEDD, MAREN MORRIS & GREY, “The Middle” (Interscope)
6. DRAKE, “God’s Plan” (YMCMB/Republic)
7. WHY DON’T WE, “Trust Fund Baby” (Atlantic)
8. TROYE SIVAN, “My My My!” (Capitol)
9. FOSTER THE PEOPLE, “Sit Next To Me” (Columbia)
10. BAZZI, “Mine” (APG/Atlantic)