This week’s New Music Friday is going 0 to 25 real quick. This is potentially one for the record books, so hold onto your hats (and wigs.) Say “Hello” to our look at this week’s top new albums and singles:
- ADELE — 25 (iTunes)
- Two-and-a-half million copies: we’re lucky if one album sells that many copies in a calendar year in today’s industry. 25 has the potential to sell that many copies in one week. Led by the massive single “Hello”, which could be on top of four radio charts by the published Sunday update, this event record and the performer behind it stand in a league of its own. Get ready, because the fun has just begun.
- ENYA — Dark Sky Island (iTunes)
- Some artists that aren’t named Adele are attempting to release against the music industry’s savior this week. Well, it may not end well for this set in the U.S., but I’m sure this popular Irish singer will grab some high marks in her home country. After all, this is her first studio album release since 2008. No songs from the project are currently at radio.
- SHAWN MENDES — Handwritten (Revisited) (iTunes)
- Attention, shoppers: Christmas cash-in season is in full swing. Mendes’s set is the most notable as “Stitches” climbed to #1 on the pop radio format in its 23rd week recently, while new song “I Know What You Did Last Summer” finds a guest vocalist in Camila Cabello from the group Fifth Harmony. The tweens will be swooning.
- More albums out this week: Andy Grammer‘s Magazines Or Novels (Deluxe Edition) (iTunes), Blue October‘s Things We Do At Night (Live From Texas) (iTunes), Carly Simon‘s Songs From The Trees: A Musical Memoir Collection (iTunes), Empire Cast‘s Original Soundtrack, Season 2, Vol. 1 (iTunes), Freddie Gibbs‘s Shadow Of A Doubt (iTunes), Grateful Dead‘s Fare Thee Well (Live 7/5/15) (iTunes) and The Best Of Fare Thee Well: Celebrating 50 Years (iTunes), Jadakiss‘s Top 5 Dead Or Alive (iTunes), Kalin And Myles‘s Kalin And Myles (iTunes), Leslie West‘s Soundcheck (iTunes), Nick Jonas‘s X2 (iTunes), Queen‘s A Night At The Odeon (iTunes), Roger Waters‘s The Wall (iTunes), Shovels & Rope‘s Busted Jukebox, Vol. 1 (iTunes), Take That‘s III (2015 Edition) (iTunes), Tech N9ne‘s Collabos: Strangeulation, Vol. II (iTunes), The Beach Boys‘s Beach Boys’ Party! Uncovered And Unplugged (iTunes), Tracy Chapman‘s Greatest Hits (iTunes), We The Kings‘s Strange Love (iTunes), Yellow Claw‘s Blood For Mercy (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: iLoveMakonnen‘s 2 (iTunes), Knife Party‘s Trigger Warning (iTunes), The Raging Idiots‘s Presents… The Raging Kidiots (iTunes), WatchTheDuck‘s The Trojan Horse (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Drifting”, G-Eazy featuring Chris Brown & Tory Lanez (iTunes)
- “I’m Sayin’”, Omarion featuring Rich Homie Quan (iTunes)
- “Last Christmas”, Carly Rae Jepsen (iTunes)
- “Man With The Bag”, Jessie J (iTunes)
- “No Good”, Kaleo (iTunes)
- “Pelican”, David Guetta (iTunes)
- “Rest Your Love”, The Vamps (iTunes)
- “Smaller”, Erik Hassle (iTunes)
- “So Long”, Leon Bridges (iTunes)
- “Stick Around”, Akon & Matoma (iTunes)
- “Trouble”, Cage The Elephant (iTunes)
- “Used”, Jake Troth (iTunes)
Not many releases are out next week due to the Thanksgiving break, but we’ll have an update for you with new albums from The Vamps and more. See you then!