Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: new releases flew into the top four spots, but only one Kid hit the top. Let’s add ’em up:
“STAY” IN POSITION: Summer comes alive this week with a number of hot titles making their debut on the adds report. In the lead spot with 137 adds for its first week, “Stay” looks to, well, stay on the airwaves for The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber. The new hit, which was originally listed as impacting for next Tuesday, entered last week’s official chart at #38.
Post Malone was next with “Motley Crew”, starting in the runner-up position with 90 adds. It easily led this week’s report at the Rhythmic format, scoring a hefty 61 first week stations there. At Urban radio, the song was less successful: it started in ninth place with 22 adds total.
With 66 new stations, “NDA” came in third this week, as Billie Eilish earned 15 adds and a second place finish at the Alternative format.
Finally, Kane Brown and Blackbear pulled in a very respectable 52 commitments with “Memory”, which charged into fourth place.
Charting singles from Bella Poarch, Doja Cat and Maroon 5 returned to the top ten on the adds report this week.
We’ll see you next week for another action-packed adds session.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. THE KID LAROI & JUSTIN BIEBER, “Stay” (Columbia)
2. POST MALONE, “Motley Crew” (Republic)
3. BILLIE EILISH, “NDA” (Darkroom/Interscope)
4. KANE BROWN x BLACKBEAR, “Memory” (RCA)
5. DUA LIPA, “Love Again” (Warner)
6. MAROON 5, “Lost” (222/Interscope)
7. DOJA CAT featuring THE WEEKND, “You Right” (Kemosabe/RCA)
8. TRINIDAD CARDONA, “Dinero” (Run-It-Up/Island/Republic)
9. BELLA POARCH, “Build A Bitch” (Warner)
10. NF, “Just Like You” (Virgin)
(PGTC supports the fight against racial inequality in our country: please use this resources website and help where you can.)