It’s October already? Crazy how time flies and how many copies are gonna fly off the shelves when the big boys and girls come out to play in Q4. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of October 7:
- Expectations are very high for the sixth studio album by Country supestar Jason Aldean. Those last five sets, at the very least, have been certified Platinum and he’s hoping that his latest, Old Boots, New Dirt, will continue that trend. Single “Burnin’ It Down” is preparing for a run atop the Country chart in a few weeks. Time to throw a lasso around this winner. (iTunes)
- Following a well-deserved break after a three year period (2008-2010) when rockers Weezer released one album a year, they return to stores with Everything Will Be Alright In The End, featuring the current Alternative top ten hit “Back To The Shack”. They’ve been welcomed back by their core format, so expect this one to do moderately well. (iTunes)
- She’s been all over the Rhythmic and Urban airwaves (and creeping up the CHR survey) with her debut release “2 On”. Now, R&B singer Tinashe gets her zodiac on with Aquarius, which also features the followup “Pretend”. It’s likely to debut high based on that success, but we’ll see if she can sustain herself on the radio. (iTunes)
- Coming off his #1 AAA hit “Take Me To Church” and its subsequent crossover, Irish singer Hozier is out with his debut self-titled album. With strong pre-orders already securing a top ten debut for the effort, it’s anyone guess as to how high this one will go. Look for it to be strong through the holidays. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Alex & Sierra‘s It’s About Us (iTunes), Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn‘s Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn (iTunes), Betty Who‘s Take Me When You Go (iTunes), Broods‘s Evergreen (iTunes), Flying Lotus‘s You’re Dead! (iTunes), Jackson Browne‘s Standing In The Breach (iTunes), Jim Brickman‘s On A Winter’s Night: The Songs And Spirit Of Christmas (iTunes), Keyshia Cole‘s Point Of No Return (iTunes), Minnie Driver‘s Ask Me To Dance (iTunes), New Found Glory‘s Resurrection (iTunes), Sixx: AM‘s Modern Vintage (iTunes), Stevie Nicks‘s 24 Karat Gold: Songs From The Vault (iTunes), The Piano Guys‘s Wonders (iTunes), Yellowcard‘s Lift A Sail (iTunes) and the original soundtrack to The Best Of Me (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Dangerous”, the second collaboration from DJ David Guetta and singer Sam Martin. (iTunes)
Next week, Florida-Georgia Line, Hoodie Allen, Jessie J and U2 are among the likely top ten debuts of the pack. A full preview, including more great albums from Andrew McMachon In The Wilderness, Idina Menzel and Mary Lambert, is coming in seven!