Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: “Ice Cream” is served! However, even that tasty treat from BLACKPINK and Selena Gomez couldn’t get past Calvin Harris and The Weeknd‘s big collaboration. Let’s add ’em up:
BEFORE THE LONG WEEKND: With the Most Added single at both the Rhythmic and Top 40 formats this week, “Over Now” by Harris and The Weeknd is off to a nice start at radio. It picks up 50 and 109 stations, respectively. At the latter format, the song started at #47 on last weekend’s published chart with just two days of airplay. It’s aiming for the top 40 by this coming weekend.
Meanwhile, BLACKPINK and Gomez still put up a strong 97 adds in their first week with “Ice Cream”, which will chart somewhere on Sunday’s update after just missing the top 50 last week. This is the K-pop group’s biggest add week to date at any U.S. format.
Charting singles from 24KGoldn, Ava Max and Surf Mesa returned to the top ten on the adds report this week.
No songs are currently listed as impacting next week. Have a good long weekend!
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. CALVIN HARRIS x THE WEEKND, “Over Now” (Columbia)
2. BLACKPINK & SELENA GOMEZ, “Ice Cream” (Interscope)
3. 24KGOLDN featuring IANN DIOR, “Mood” (RECORDS-Columbia)
4. SURF MESA featuring EMILEE, “ILY (I Love You Baby)” (Astralwerks/Capitol)
5. CONAN GRAY, “Heather” (Republic)
6. AVA MAX, “Kings & Queens” (Atlantic)
7. JOEL CORRY featuring MNEK, “Head & Heart” (Big Beat/EMG)
8. MILEY CYRUS, “Midnight Sky” (RCA)
9. ZARA LARSSON, “Wow” (TEN/Epic)
10. MORGAN WALLEN, “7 Summers” (Big Loud-Republic)
(PGTC supports the fight against racial inequality in our country: please use this resources website and help where you can.)