Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Post Malone posts two great totals for impacting songs, one from his set Hollywood’s Bleeding and the other as a featured artist, but he doesn’t end up at the top spot with either! Let’s add ’em up:
HITTING THE POST: After scoring a massive 70 stations last week, Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber‘s “10,000 Hours” earns a still-impressive 50 stations in its second week, making it the Most Added title at the format. The track also led the Hot AC log from yesterday afternoon, where it scored 23 additional adds. Considering that the official adds date for this single at both radio formats was originally intended for next week, I’d say that it’s probably not necessary at this point: “10,000 Hours” will continue to fly.
Of course, this means that two impacting songs by or featuring Post Malone had to settle for slightly lower positions in the top five. Starting with a solid 45 stations, “Take What You Want”, Malone’s main-credited collaboration with Ozzy Osbourne and Travis Scott, ended up taking the runner-up position. Two spots lower, the performer’s feature on French Montana‘s “Writing On The Wall” (which also features Cardi B and Rvssian) gained another 31 adds after some early action in the last couple of weeks. With the latter title already charting as of last weekend, look for the former to bounce into the top 50 within the next few days.
Recent releases by Billie Eilish, Lizzo and Niall Horan are among those prominent songs making up the rest of the top ten.
Look out for the latest single by Blackbear (at #7 this week) to earn a higher total on impact next week.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. DAN + SHAY featuring JUSTIN BIEBER, “10,000 Hours” (Warner)
2. POST MALONE featuring OZZY OSBOURNE & TRAVIS SCOTT, “Take What You Want” (Republic)
3. BILLIE EILISH, “All The Good Girls Go To Hell” (Darkroom/Interscope)
4. FRENCH MONTANA featuring POST MALONE, CARDI B & RVSSIAN, “Writing On The Wall” (Epic)
5. NIALL HORAN, “Nice To Meet Ya” (Capitol)
6. CHARLIE PUTH, “Mother” (Artist Partner/Atlantic)
7. BLACKBEAR, “Hot Girl Bummer” (Alamo/Interscope)
8. LIZZO, “Good As Hell” (Nice Life/Atlantic)
9. DIPLO & JONAS BROTHERS, “Lonely” (Columbia)
10. ANUEL AA, DADDY YANKEE, KAROL G, OZUNA & J BALVIN, “China” (Real Hasta La Muerte)