Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Niall Horan has a particularly “Nice” start this week for his latest single, leading a pack of three future hits that earned well over 65 adds during the session. That’s pretty big! Let’s add ’em up:
“MEET” ME AT THE TOP: Pacing just ahead of the competition, former One Direction member Niall Horan’s new song leads this week’s adds report at the Top 40 format. “Nice To Meet Ya” starts with 109 stations on impact. It also topped yesterday’s log at the Hot AC format, where it earned another 26 adds. The track debuted at #36 on last Sunday’s published update; it should rank at a slightly higher position by this coming weekend. (It’ll also crack the top 40 at the latter format.)
Climbing quickly at the Country, Hot AC and Top 40 formats simultaneously, the new release by Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber comes alive on the pop airwaves ahead of its official impact date in two weeks. “10,000 Hours” debuts with 70 stations this week, a very strong start that places it in the runner-up spot. Look for the single to be a major hit at all three formats through the winter.
After entering the top ten on last week’s log, Billie Eilish‘s “All The Good Girls Go To Hell” gains another 67 stations this week. It ranks in third place here and spends a second week at the top of the Alternative radio report, where it posts another 20 stations.
Recent releases by Lizzo, Taylor Swift and Why Don’t We are among those prominent songs making up the rest of the top ten.
Look out for new singles by Charlie Puth and French Montana to impact at the format next week; the latter song has appeared in the top ten on the report for the past two weeks.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. NIALL HORAN, “Nice To Meet Ya” (Capitol)
2. DAN + SHAY featuring JUSTIN BIEBER, “10,000 Hours” (Warner)
3. BILLIE EILISH, “All The Good Girls Go To Hell” (Darkroom/Interscope)
4. FRENCH MONTANA featuring POST MALONE, CARDI B & RVSSIAN, “Writing On The Wall” (Epic)
5. LIZZO, “Good As Hell” (Nice Life/Atlantic)
6. MAJOR LAZER featuring J BALVIN & EL ALFA, “Que Calor” (Mad Decent/in2une)
7. DIPLO & JONAS BROTHERS, “Lonely” (Columbia)
8. WHY DON’T WE, “What Am I” (Signature Ent./Atlantic)
9. BEBE REXHA, “You Can’t Stop The Girl” (Warner)
10. TAYLOR SWIFT, “Lover” (Republic)