Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Maroon 5 tops the adds report and conjures up some musical memories, as new releases from Bebe Rexha and Liam Payne also stack their adds high. Let’s add ’em up:
FROM 5 TO 1: The new single from Maroon 5 easily leads the week’s adds report at the Top 40 format, as “Memories” starts with 135 stations on impact. It also led yesterday’s report at the Hot AC format, where it scooped up another 76. The tune is already well into the top 40 at both formats, so expect it to glide up these (and other) charts through the fall months.
Rexha’s “You Can’t Stop The Girl” and Payne’s “Stack It Up”, featuring A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, start in second and third place respectively, with 45 and 40 stations on impact. The former title comes from the soundtrack to Maleficent: Mistress Of Evil, which opens on October 18. The latter is expected to appear on a forthcoming album by Payne, though his debut set has yet to materialize in the nearly 2-1/2 years he’s been charting as a solo artist. (An EP, which featured no radio singles, was released last August.) Both tunes are likely to make the top 50 by early next month, as the threshold for charting at the format is noticeably higher as of recent.
Charting releases by Halsey, Lizzo and Taylor Swift are among those prominent songs making up the rest of the top ten.
Look out for more information on next week’s impacting songs on our Monday morning log.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. MAROON 5, “Memories” (222/Interscope)
2. BEBE REXHA, “You Can’t Stop The Girl” (Warner)
3. LIAM PAYNE featuring A BOOGIE WIT DA HOODIE, “Stack It Up” (Republic)
4. HALSEY, “Graveyard” (Capitol)
5. ARIANA GRANDE, MILEY CYRUS & LANA DEL REY, “Don’t Call Me Angel” (Republic)
6. LIZZO, “Good As Hell” (Nice Life/Atlantic)
7. THE CHAINSMOKERS & ILLENIUM featuring LENNON STELLA, “Takeaway” (Disruptor/Columbia)
8. TAYLOR SWIFT, “Lover” (Republic)
9-T. KYGO x WHITNEY HOUSTON, “Higher Love” (RCA)
9-T. LIL NAS X, “Panini” (Columbia)