Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Ariana Grande and Social House soar onto the list and into the house of hits with their reactive new collaboration. Let’s add ’em up:
A FRIENDLY START: Earning a robust 146 stations on impact, Grande and Social House’s “Boyfriend” is easily the top entry on this week’s Top 40 log. The track, which reached the top 40 on last Sunday’s published update, does not appear on a current studio album by either act. This marks Social House’s first song to reach the region at the format and their first time in the top spot on the weekly adds report. “Boyfriend” is also the week’s Most Added record on the Rhythmic radio log, scoring another 35 stations there.
The only other new single of note in the top ten is NCT 127‘s “Highway To Heaven”, which drives home a sixth place finish with 19 stations on impact. It’s the K-pop act’s first song to impact at the format. Given the tepid response, the track may experience a slow ride into the top 40, though it’s likely to pick up some additional support throughout the rest of the month.
Charting releases by Blanco Brown, Lil Nas X, Lil Tecca and SHAED are among those prominent songs making up the rest of the top ten.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. ARIANA GRANDE & SOCIAL HOUSE, “Boyfriend” (Republic)
2. SAM SMITH, “How Do You Sleep?” (Capitol)
3. NF, “Time” (Caroline)
4. LIL NAS X, “Panini” (Columbia)
5. SHAED, “Trampoline” (Photo Finish/Caroline)
6. NCT 127, “Highway To Heaven” (Caroline)
7. ELLIE GOULDING & JUICE WRLD, “Hate Me” (Polydor/Interscope)
8. BLANCO BROWN, “The Git Up” (BBR/BMG-Warner)
9. LIL TECCA, “Ransom” (Galactic/Republic)
10. SAM FELDT featuring RANI, “Post Malone” (Spinnin’/Warner)