Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Dua Lipa‘s big screen hit has a big debut on the update, while fresh titles from Alessia Cara and Jeremy Zucker also earn solid starts. Let’s add ’em up:
NEW “SONG” AT THE TOP: From the soundtrack to the upcoming film Alita: Battle Angel, Dua Lipa faced a big battle against several impacting singles this week, but emerged victorious with “Swan Song”. It’s the Most Added song on this week’s report, new at 98 stations. The release managed to sneak into the top 50 by last Sunday’s published chart and should be well into the top 40 by the next official update. The movie, itself, opens on Valentine’s Day.
With her third radio single from The Pains Of Growing, Alessia Cara takes a third place finish this week for “Out Of Love”, moving in with 32 stations on impact. The prior single from the project, “Trust My Lonely”, earned 45 stations in its first full week. Jeremy Zucker rounds out the top five with a total of 23 stations for “comethru”, which parks in fifth place. This is his first single to impact at the format, though he has a number of songs that have done well at the various streaming platforms.
Next week, look out for impacting songs by FLETCHER (at #7 this week) and Imagine Dragons (at #6 this week) to power into the top ten again, with additional singles from the Drax Project and LSD also expected to pick up some solid numbers.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. DUA LIPA, “Swan Song” (Warner Bros.)
2. ARIANA GRANDE, “7 Rings” (Republic)
3. ALESSIA CARA, “Out Of Love” (Def Jam)
4. SAM SMITH & NORMANI, “Dancing With A Stranger” (Capitol-RCA)
5. JEREMY ZUCKER, “comethru” (Republic)
6. IMAGINE DRAGONS, “Bad Liar” (KIDinaKORNER/Interscope)
7. FLETCHER, “Undrunk” (Snapback/Capitol)
8. POST MALONE, “Wow.” (Republic)
9. GESAFFELSTEIN & THE WEEKND, “Lost In The Fire” (Columbia)
10. LIVVIA, “Damn” (12Tone)