Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: we can think of at least 13 reasons why Selena Gomez‘s newest single is performing well at the format, though other impacting songs are also in the mix. Let’s add ’em up:
TAKING THE “BACK” WAY: Selena Gomez has yet to release her third solo album following a handful of mid-charting titles (and a couple of top five singles), but she’s one step closer to it with a tune that also doubles as the first single off the soundtrack to the second season of 13 Reasons Why. “Back To You” comes in at 114 stations during its first full week, more than enough to give it the title of the Most Added song at the Top 40 format on this Tuesday’s report. The soundtrack hits stores on Friday and features a number of top acts, from Gomez to OneRepublic to Years & Years, mixed with some classic songs by New Order, Tears For Fears and others.
Additional new tunes in the top five include “You Can Cry” (#3) by Marshmello x Juicy J featuring James Arthur and “Jump” (#4) by Julia Michaels featuring Trippie Redd. The former title starts with 33 stations, and the latter begins at 25. Expect both songs to reach the top 50 in the next couple of weeks. Neither Marshmello nor Michaels have announced a forthcoming album.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. SELENA GOMEZ, “Back To You” (Interscope)
2. ENRIQUE IGLESIAS featuring PITBULL, “Move To Miami” (RCA)
3. MARSHMELLO x JUICY J featuring JAMES ARTHUR, “You Can Cry” (Columbia)
4. JULIA MICHAELS featuring TRIPPIE REDD, “Jump” (Republic)
5. DRAKE, “Nice For What” (YMCMB/Republic)
6. BRYCE VINE, “Drew Barrymore” (Warner Bros.)
7. LIAM PAYNE & J BALVIN, “Familiar” (Republic)
8. LOGIC & MARSHMELLO, “Everyday” (Def Jam)
9-T. KYGO featuring MIGUEL, “Remind Me To Forget” (Ultra/RCA)
9-T. THE WEEKND, “Call Out My Name” (XO/Republic)
9-T. ZAYN, “Let Me” (RCA)