Welcome to Add Lib, your Tuesday report on POP! Goes The Charts that’s mad about CHR/Top 40 adds, based on the station data provided by Mediabase 24/7 and Add Board. This week: Shawn Mendes slays the pop panel with an impressive first week for his latest single, while proven hits from Bazzi, Halsey and Taylor Swift all continue to perform well. Let’s add ’em up:
OUT FOR “BLOOD”: 19-year-old Shawn Mendes sinks his fangs into the heart of the pop panel this week, though I doubt he’s looking to become the next Bela Lugosi anytime soon. “In My Blood”, the lead single from his forthcoming third album, pumps the chartbeat of the Most Added spot on the latest update, scoring 129 stations on impact. Another cut from the highly-anticipated set, “Lost In Japan”, received a single add this week; it placed at #2 on iTunes, behind “Blood”, for several days after it was released. It could pick up additional stations in the coming weeks, but with “Blood” as the focus track from the project, “Lost” isn’t likely to get into the top 50 anytime soon (unless it gets a larger push to the format.) No word on the title of his upcoming album or a date as of yet, but we’ll see if any tea gets spilled soon.
Another notable new record in the top ten is a collaboration from Eminem and Kehlani, “Nowhere Fast”, in fourth place with 22 stations on impact. This is the third radio single from Eminem’s most recent album, Revival, which was released late last year. The highest-charting of the three so far, the Ed Sheeran-assisted “River”, reached #20 last month. Next week, look out for Logic and Marshmello, currently in sixth place with 17 new stations this week, to attain a bigger sum for “Everyday” in its official impact.
MOST ADDED — THIS WEEK’S TOP TEN
1. SHAWN MENDES, “In My Blood” (Island/Republic)
2. HALSEY featuring BIG SEAN and STEFFLON DON, “Alone” (Astralwerks/Capitol)
3. TAYLOR SWIFT, “Delicate” (Big Machine/Republic)
4. EMINEM featuring KEHLANI, “Nowhere Fast” (Shady/Aftermath/Interscope)
5. BAZZI, “Mine” (APG/Atlantic)
6. LOGIC & MARSHMELLO, “Everyday” (Def Jam)
7. THE CHAINSMOKERS, “Everybody Hates Me” (Disruptor/Columbia)
8. POST MALONE featuring TY DOLLA $IGN, “Psycho” (Republic)
9. ECHOSMITH, “Over My Head” (Warner Bros.)
10. DUA LIPA, “IDGAF” (Warner Bros.)