There are plenty of chart villains out there, but those hit heroes always look to save the day. The battle for Billboard 200 glory is a hard one, but someone’s got to take the top spot. Here are the new and notable albums and singles on the schedule this week:
- VARIOUS ARTISTS — Suicide Squad (Soundtrack) (iTunes)
- The film is a flop with the critics, but the soundtrack looks like it’ll have a good sales week. The biggest track from this compilation thus far is “Heathens”, a top five hit on the Alternative radio chart for duo twenty one pilots. The box office will be looking mighty evil this weekend, but will the album chart next week? Stay tuned.
- FRANK OCEAN — Boys Don’t Cry (iTunes)
- With a two-week Apple exclusive album allegedly coming out today, this set has the potential to be at #1 next week. It would, of course, have to come out first. Will he make the deadline? Will he continue sawing wood on his livestream? Ooh, the mystery goes on…
- CHRIS LANE — Girl Problems (iTunes)
- Lane is this close to being #1 on the Country radio chart, so watch out for the official update on Sunday night to see if he gets it. In the meantime, you can get your “Fix” and other cuts on this new release from the North Carolina singer.
- DJ SNAKE — Encore (iTunes)
- Slithering onto the schedule is this producer from Paris with his debut album. He’s had several huge hits on the radio since 2014, and that should translate into some decent sales in the coming week.
- More albums out this week: Blackfoot‘s Southern Native (iTunes), Cody Johnson‘s Gotta Be Me (iTunes), Conor Maynard‘s Covers (iTunes), Nick Fradiani‘s Hurricane (iTunes), O.A.R.‘s XX (iTunes), Skillet‘s Unleashed (iTunes), The Cadillac Three‘s Bury Me In My Boots (iTunes), NOW That’s What I Call Music, Vol. 59 (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Marc E. Bassy‘s Groovy People (iTunes), The Rebel Light‘s A Hundred Summer Days (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Cadillac”, Miguel (iTunes)
- “Carry On”, Norah Jones (iTunes)
- “Cool Girl”, Tove Lo (iTunes)
- “Fool’s Paradise”, XYLØ (iTunes)
- “Gone”, Afrojack featuring Ty Dolla $ign (iTunes)
- “Gravel To Tempo”, Hayley Kiyoko (iTunes)
- “Live Some”, Drake White (iTunes)
- “Make Me Feel”, Galantis and East & Young (iTunes)
- “Overnight”, Jake Miller (iTunes)
- “Pick-up Lines”, Justin Moore (iTunes)
- “Private Show”, Britney Spears (iTunes)
- “Put Your Hands Up”, The Struts (iTunes)
- “Running Out Of Time”, Amos Lee (iTunes)
- “Silvertongue”, Young The Giant (iTunes)
- “That Love”, Shaggy (iTunes)
- “Thunder In The Rain”, Kane Brown (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from Dylan Scott, Justin Moore, Young The Giant and more.