The holiday weekend may be over, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate all the new releases this week. From rap to rock, we’ve got you covered with a variety of artists. Here are this week’s new and notable albums and singles:
- SCHOOLBOY Q — Blank Face LP (iTunes)
- Next week’s highest debut, which will likely be in the running for #1, is the first album since 2014 for this rapper from the South Los Angeles area. “THat Part”, featuring Kanye West, is in the top 20 and climbing on the Urban chart. If Oxymoron could grab the top spot two years ago, large streaming numbers should push this over Drake‘s Views.
- CHEVELLE — The North Corridor (iTunes)
- The Illinois rockers are back in the top five on Active Rock radio with “Joyride (Omen)”, and with three top ten sets to date on the Billboard 200, this may very well become their fourth next week. It’s all about that consistency, and that’s sure to give them a decent debut, even if album sales are down.
- SWITCHFOOT — Where The Light Shines Through (iTunes)
- After switching labels, this California group returns with a new effort that they hope will bring their top ten streak for studio albums to three. Two singles from it are at radio: “Float” (Alternative/Triple A) and “Live It Well” (Christian).
- More albums out this week: Billy Clyro‘s Ellipsis (iTunes), Gone Is Gone‘s Gone Is Gone (iTunes), Heart‘s Beautiful Broken (iTunes), Nonpoint‘s The Poison Red (iTunes), Shura‘s Nothing’s Real (iTunes), The Avalanches‘s Wildflower (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Vinyl Thief‘s Touch (iTunes), WILD‘s All We’ll Ever Have (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Always”, Tor Miller (iTunes)
- “Dollar Bill”, Phoebe Ryan featuring Kid Ink (iTunes)
- “In My Mind”, Maty Noyes (iTunes)
- “LA Love”, Transviolet (iTunes)
- “Love & Desire”, Myzica (iTunes)
- “Olé”, John Newman (iTunes)
- “Oxygen”, Dirty Heads (iTunes)
- “Pure And Simple”, Dolly Parton (iTunes)
- “Ruin”, Shawn Mendes (iTunes)
- “You Don’t Know Love”, Olly Murs (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from David Nail, NEEDTOBREATHE, Steven Tyler and more.