When it comes to the current state of politics, we can’t offer you an alternative candidate. However, when it comes to new releases, we’ll give you plenty of Alternative candidates (and some presidential Pop too.) Here are this week’s new albums and singles:
- NICK JONAS — Last Year Was Complicated (iTunes)
- A little under two years ago, Jonas released his self-titled album, which entered in the top ten and featured the singles “Jealous” and “Chains”. The former title was the larger hit, going to #1 on the pop radio chart in its 19th week. “Close” seems to be, well, close to officially becoming his third top ten at the format (sorry, “Levels”) and the rest of the era is bound to keep the momentum going. Look for the set to debut in the top ten.
- FITZ AND THE TANTRUMS — Fitz And The Tantrums (iTunes)
- It’s a big week for prominent Alternative chart acts, and this Los Angeles band is looking for the third #1 at the format with “HandClap”. They’re just a few spots away now, but, in the meantime, I think we can clap our hands for the other tasty jams on the group’s latest set. Will they be able to score their first top ten album on the Billboard 200?
- KONGOS — Egomaniac (iTunes)
- South Africa has given us a lot of great musical acts in the last few years, and this quartet of brothers is rocking its way up the charts with “Take It From Me” and their third studio album. Their last effort cracked the top 40 overall. This is due for the same results (and probably higher.)
- KALEO — A/B (iTunes)
- “Way Down We Go” is way up in the Alternative radio top ten for this Icelandic act, as “No Good” continues its run at the Active Rock format. Will that double trouble double their first-week sales frame? Kannski.
- More albums out this week: Band Of Horses‘s Why Are You OK (iTunes), Brandy Clark‘s Big Day In A Small Town (iTunes), Colvin & Earle‘s Colvin & Earle (iTunes), Drew Baldridge‘s Dirt On Us (iTunes), Frankie Ballard‘s El Rio (iTunes), Garbage‘s Strange Little Birds (iTunes), Jon Bellion‘s The Human Condition (iTunes), Little Big Town‘s Wanderlust (iTunes), Motörhead‘s Clean Your Clock (Live In Munich 2015) (iTunes), Paul McCartney‘s Paul McCartney (iTunes), The Shelters‘s The Shelters (iTunes), The Temper Trap‘s Thick As Thieves (iTunes), Tom Odell‘s Wrong Crowd (iTunes), NOW That’s What I Call Country, Vol. 9 (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Coming soon…
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Beautiful Thing”, The Stone Roses (iTunes)
- “Crash”, Usher (iTunes)
- “East Coast Girl”, Butch Walker (iTunes)
- “Geronimo”, The Beach (iTunes)
- “Heartlines”, Broods (iTunes)
- “In My Blood”, The Veronicas (iTunes)
- “Off The Record”, Eza (iTunes)
- “Quest?on”, Lauv featuring Travis Mills (iTunes)
- “Red Dress”, MAGIC! (iTunes)
- “Satan Pulls The Strings”, The Avett Brothers (iTunes)
- “The Love We’re Hoping For”, Jake Bugg (iTunes)
- “Thinking About It (Let It Go)”, Chris Ayer (iTunes)
- “Too Cruel”, Dirty Heads (iTunes)
We’ll see you next week for new releases from Jake Bugg, Jon Pardi, Red Hot Chili Peppers and more.