This week’s New Music Friday is full of potential stocking stuffers from the worlds of Country and R&B music, as well as a hidden gem or two. Here’s a look at this week’s top new albums and singles:
- CAM — Untamed (iTunes)
- “Burning House” is serving up some hot gains on the Country radio survey as of late, and it looks like it could be atop the chart early next year. There are plenty of things to celebrate for this 31-year-old singer/songwriter, now out with her major-label debut album this week. Look for it to be one of next week’s top new entries.
- AUGUST ALSINA — This Thing Called Life (iTunes)
- Last year, Alsina’s Testimony debuted and peaked at #2 on the Billboard 200 and included several big R&B hits. The current single from his latest album is “Song Cry”, and it’s approaching the top 30 at Urban radio. Even with the slow reaction to his releases so far this era, his album is probably bound for the top ten.
- R. KELLY — The Buffet (iTunes)
- Featuring the Urban AC hits “Back Yard Party” and “Wake Up Everybody”, this R&B performer’s new studio effort is his thirteenth solo album since 1993. His top ten streak on the album chart is unbroken thus far. Will it continue with his latest?
- More albums out this week: Arcangel & DJ Luian‘s Los Favoritos (iTunes), Bethel Music Kids‘s Come Alive (iTunes), JennyLee‘s Right On! (iTunes), Joe Cocker‘s The Life Of A Man (iTunes), Juan Gabriel‘s Los Duo 2 (iTunes), Revenge Of The Dreamers II (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Apollo LTD‘s Apollo LTD (iTunes), Grabbitz‘s Better With Time (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Alcoholics”, Skizzy Mars (iTunes)
- “A Wonderful Life”, Brian Fallon (iTunes)
- “Better For You”, Tank (iTunes)
- “Bob Marley”, Grizfolk (iTunes)
- “Burning House”, EZA & Aaron Krause (iTunes)
- “Pride”, American Authors (iTunes)
- “UGH!”, The 1975 (iTunes)
- “Want Some”, Akon featuring DJ Chose (iTunes)
Next week, we’ll have an update with new albums from Cage The Elephant, Chris Brown, Monica and more. See you then!