This week’s New Music Friday is a fight of the fan girls, a struggle of the stans… you know what I mean. All that pop goodness and more is on the schedule, so let’s take a look at this week’s top new albums and singles:
- ONE DIRECTION — Made In The A.M. (iTunes)
- It’s their last big release before a hiatus and the inevitable round of solo albums, so all eyes are on this release to see if the British band will go out on a high note and score their fifth #1 album in a row. The set’s already responsible for two big singles, “Drag Me Down” and “Perfect”, and there’s bound to be more on the way. It might be close, but with a big pre-order count, this may have just enough power to pull off a win.
- JUSTIN BIEBER — Purpose (iTunes)
- After several years of stumbling in the press and on the charts, Bieber’s return record is carrying a lot of buzz, which is due in part to two big singles, the chart-topping “What Do You Mean?” and new radio release “Sorry”. Though the era has had its public meltdowns on stage and other unfortunate on-camera moments, there is a lot support for him and his music. Will it land him the #1 spot instead?
- ALESSIA CARA — Know-It-All (iTunes)
- The 19-year-old Canadian performer is having a huge debut era thanks to “Here”, a multi-format radio record that’s also doing big streaming numbers. Several of the songs on here were already featured on her EP of earlier this year, Four Pink Walls. We’ll see if she’s able to crack the top ten overall given all the great attention.
- CHRIS YOUNG — I’m Comin’ Over (iTunes)
- The title track from Young’s latest effort is surging towards the top of the Country radio chart, and his new set could make it to the top of the Country albums survey… unless a certain CMA Award winner blocks him. Should it occur, it would mark Young’s third consecutive #2 album on that listing.
- More albums out this week: A Great Big World‘s When The Morning Comes (iTunes), BOOTS‘s Aquaria (iTunes), Chris Isaak‘s First Comes The Night (iTunes), Ed Sheeran‘s x (Wembley Edition) (iTunes), Il Divo‘s Amor & Pasion (iTunes), Jeezy‘s Church In The Streets (iTunes), Jeff Lynne ELO‘s Alone In The Universe (iTunes), Kirk Franklin‘s Losing My Religion (iTunes), Kurt Cobain‘s Montage Of Heck: The Home Recordings (iTunes), Kylie Minogue‘s Kylie Christmas (iTunes), Logic‘s The Incredible True Story (iTunes), MUTEMATH‘s Vitals (iTunes), Natalie Grant‘s Be One (iTunes), Neil Young‘s Bluenote Café (iTunes), Parquet Courts‘s Monastic Living (iTunes), Train‘s Christmas In Tahoe (Amazon), Trans-Siberian Orchestra‘s Letters From The Labyrinth (iTunes), Ty Dolla $ign‘s Free TC (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Hailee Steinfeld‘s Haiz (iTunes), Lawrence Taylor‘s Bang Bang (iTunes), Sawyer Fredericks‘s Sawyer Fredericks (iTunes), Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown‘s The Wayside (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Don’t Blame Luv”, WatchTheDuck featuring T.I. (iTunes)
- “I Run”, Jennifer Hudson (iTunes)
- “New York Is My Home”, Dion & Paul Simon (iTunes)
- “Order More”, G-Eazy featuring Starrah (iTunes)
- “Spoiled”, Wale (iTunes)
- “WTF (Where They From)”, Missy Elliott featuring Pharrell Williams (iTunes)
- “YOUTH”, Troye Sivan (iTunes)
Next Friday, our preview will include that much-anticipated 25 album from superstar Adele. See you then!