This week’s New Music Friday is all rapped up, because the good Doctor is back in his office and ready for the people. However, he’s not the only one with a musical memento coming to you today. So, take your vitamins and your wallet out, because here’s a look at the week’s new album and single releases:
- DR. DRE — Compton, A Soundtrack (iTunes)
- I was 9 when 2001 came out nearly 16 years ago, and it’s hard to believe that the former N.W.A. rapper is putting out his first album since then (and final one) today. The head of Aftermath Entertainment and Beats Electronics is looking for his first #1 ever on the Billboard 200. It could very likely happen with this set, but it is also exclusive to Apple, which could hinder its performance versus a wide release.
- LUKE BRYAN — Kill The Lights (iTunes)
- Featuring his recent #1 on the Country survey, “Kick The Dust Up”, it’s no surprise that Bryan will have one of this year’s top opening weeks when all is said and done. The question is, can he beat Dre’s soundtrack? With radio on a roll for followup “Strip It Down” and some big promotional appearances on the schedule, he certainly could do it.
- VARIOUS ARTISTS — NOW That’s What I Call Music! Vol. 55 (iTunes)
- I know what you’re saying: they’re on the 55th edition? It’s true. The newest compilation from the group should be heading for a top five debut. Look out for NOW What’s Next tracks from great new acts like Clairity and Conrad Sewell.
- More albums out this week: Fear Factory‘s Genexus (iTunes), Frank Turner‘s Positive Songs For Negative People (iTunes), Health‘s Death Magic (iTunes), IAMDYNAMITE‘s Wasa Tusa (iTunes), Mac DeMarco‘s Another One (iTunes), Miss May I‘s Deathless (iTunes), Never Shout Never‘s Black Cat (iTunes), The Mynabirds‘s Lovers Know (iTunes), tobyMac‘s This Is Not A Test (iTunes), Vivian Green‘s Vivid (iTunes), Soundtrack to Ricki And The Flash (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Coucheron‘s Playground (iTunes), Jarryd James‘s Jarryd James (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Again”, new from Fetty Wap. (iTunes)
- “Back Together”, a new single from Robin Thicke and Nicki Minaj. (iTunes)
- “Body On Me”, new from Rita Ora and Chris Brown. (iTunes)
- “Devil”, a collaboration from Cash Cash, Busta Rhymes, B.o.B and Neon Hitch. (iTunes)
- “Love Myself”, a single (and new iHeartMedia On The Verge track for CHR radio) from Hailee Steinfeld. (iTunes)
- “Making The Most Of The Night”, an instant grat track from Carly Rae Jepsen. (iTunes)
- “Way Down We Go” new from Kaleo. (iTunes)
Next Friday, our preview will include new albums from acts like Dillon Francis, Melanie Martinez and New Politics. See you then!