This week’s New Music Friday gives us a Woman or two and some record royalty in our music collection. So, put on your crown and take the throne, because here are this week’s new album and single releases:
- JILL SCOTT — Woman (iTunes)
- R&B and soul singer Scott hasn’t released an album of original material since 2011’s The Light Of The Sun, and the set became her first to enter at #1 on the Billboard 200 album chart. She hopes to continue to shine brightly with a new album, her fifth and latest, featuring the single “Fool’s Gold”, which is currently #3 on the Urban AC survey. It should be next week’s top debut.
- PRINCE ROYCE — Double Vision (iTunes)
- This hot Latin star enters the English market for the first time, having accumulated eight #1 singles on the Tropical Airplay chart. Single “Stuck On A Feeling” stuck it out on the pop survey, breaking into top 20 after a jump start via iHeartMedia’s On The Verge program, but followup “Back It Up” seems to be stuck below the top 40 at the format.
- BEA MILLER — Not An Apology (iTunes)
- 16-year-old Miller appeared on the U.S. version of The X Factor in 2012 and is currently on the pop radio airwaves with “Fire N Gold”, the followup to a minor top 40 hit, “Young Blood”. No need to be sorry for enjoying this one.
- More albums out this week: Ashley Monroe‘s The Blade (iTunes), Joe Satriani‘s Shockwave Supernova (iTunes), Lamb Of God‘s VII: Sturm Und Drang (iTunes), Lynyrd Skynyrd‘s One More For The Fans (iTunes), Roger Waters‘s Amused To Death (iTunes), Symphony X‘s Underworld (iTunes) and the original soundtrack to Southpaw (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Elbow‘s Lost Worker Bee (iTunes), MKTO‘s Bad Girls (iTunes), Vanessa Carlton‘s Blue Pool (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Hold Each Other”, new from A Great Big World and Futuristic. (iTunes)
- “I Am Invincible”, new from Cassadee Pope. (iTunes)
- “Lemon Eyes”, a new single from Meg Myers. (iTunes)
- “Sugar”, a new single from Jennifer Nettles. (iTunes)
Next Friday, our preview will include fresh releases from Migos, Saint Asonia and more. See you then!