This week’s New Music Friday takes us on a ride into the Future, and pops into the present with some solid new releases across the genres. So, grab a seat and some coins, because here are this week’s new album and single releases:
- FUTURE — DS2 (iTunes)
- The rapper and singer from Atlanta is hoping the ol’ third time’s the charm expression will work in his favor for the release of his third studio album. His last set, Honest, reached a peak of #2 last year. With steady Urban radio play and a growing fan base, this could be the one to top the chart.
- HIGHLY SUSPECT — Mister Asylum (iTunes)
- This trio from Cape Cod is becoming one of the big breakouts at the Active Rock format this year with “Lydia”. It is currently surging through the top ten and aiming for the top five next week. Look out for the guys on tour during a busy month of August.
- ALAN JACKSON — Angels & Alcohol (iTunes)
- 25 years after his debut album was released, 56-year-old country superstar Jackson is out with his twentieth studio album this week. “Jim And Jack And Hank” is the leadoff single from it and is receiving some airplay at the format.
- More albums out this week: Galactic‘s Into The Deep (iTunes), Iron & Wine and Bed Bridwell‘s Sing Into My Mouth (iTunes), Jason Isbell‘s Something More Than Free (iTunes), Miles Davis‘s At Newport: 1955-1975: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 4 (iTunes), MS MR‘s How Does It Feel (iTunes), Papoose‘s You Can’t Stop Destiny (iTunes), Pitbull‘s Dale (iTunes), Ratatat‘s Magnifique (iTunes), Sublime With Rome‘s Sirens (iTunes), Tame Impala‘s Currents (iTunes), The Chemical Brothers‘s Born In The Echoes (iTunes)
- More EPs out this week: Clairity‘s Alienation (iTunes), Day Wave‘s Headcase (iTunes), Icona Pop‘s Emergency (iTunes), KYKO‘s Animals (iTunes), New Motion‘s Kiss (iTunes), Sevyn Streeter‘s Shoulda Been There, Pt. 1 (iTunes)
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “How Deep Is Your Love”, new from Calvin Harris and Disciples. (iTunes)
- “Leave A Trace”, new from CHVRCHES. (iTunes)
- “Run Away With Me”, new from Carly Rae Jepsen. (iTunes)
- “She’s Kinda Hot”, the hot new single from 5 Seconds Of Summer. (iTunes)
- “Sugar”, a collaboration from Robin Schulz and Francesco Yates. (iTunes)
- “Sunday Funday”, a new single from MAGIC! (iTunes)
- “Swords”, new from M.I.A., along with an added visual. (iTunes)
- “That’s How You Know”, new from Nico & Vinz and featured guests Bebe Rexha and Kid Ink. (iTunes)
Next Friday, our preview will include fresh releases from Bea Miller, Jill Scott and Prince Royce. See you then!