It’s time to take another flight into the Monday musical mists for the latest new releases, from rock to country to dance. (NOTE: some of the items listed below may not be available until Monday night based on label response time.) Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of June 8/9:
- The English trio Muse has never had an album reach the top spot on the Billboard 200, though their last two studio sets have debuted and peaked at #3 and #2, respectfully. Drones may be the one to capture that top spot next week, as “Dead Inside” lands another week atop the Alternative survey. However, this concept album is very much alive. (iTunes)
- From Iceland, the group called Of Monsters and Men are back with their first album in just over three years, Beneath The Skin. It features the single “Crystals”, currently a top ten hit on the Alternative chart. Of course, their first era led the quintet to four charting singles at the format. We’ll see if this set can do the same. (iTunes)
- Aided by an iHeartMedia deal, Nashville newcomers A Thousand Horses rose to #1 on the Country airwaves last week with “Smoke”. Their album Southernality, featuring that tune and second single “(This Ain’t No) Drunk Dial”, is out now. It’ll likely have a medium-sized debut. (iTunes)
- Christian Karlsson and Linus Eklöw make up the duo Galantis, and their album Pharmacy is a good prescription for the dance music fan this week. Single “Runaway (U & I)” is currently at CHR radio and broke the top ten in many countries in Europe. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: FFS‘s FFS (iTunes), HoneyHoney‘s 3 (iTunes), Montgomery Gentry‘s Folks Like Us (iTunes), Ryan Adams‘s Ten Songs from Live at Carnegie Hall (iTunes), Tamia‘s Love Life (iTunes), The Rolling Stones‘s reissue of Sticky Fingers (iTunes), The Karma Killers‘s Strange Therapy (EP) (iTunes), Tove Stryke‘s Kiddo (iTunes), Troy Ave‘s Major Without A Deal (iTunes), Young Guns‘s Ones And Zeros (iTunes) and the Various Artists compilation, Finding Neverland: The Album (Songs From the Broadway Musical) (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Around The World”, new from Natalie La Rose and Fetty Wap. (iTunes)
- “Family Is Family”, an instant grat track from Kacey Musgraves. (iTunes)
- “Sweet Love Of Mine”, an instant grat track from Joy Williams. (iTunes)
Next week, Adam Lambert, James Taylor and Nate Ruess are among the acts with prominent new releases in what should be one of the summer’s busier weeks. Who takes the top? A full preview is coming on Monday night.