June marks the last full month before the Global Release Day takes place, and we have a nice stack of releases to begin the month, including some big names on the pop and rock charts. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of June 2:
- England’s Florence + The Machine return to the scene with a well-received (at least so far) third album, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful. Though “What Kind Of Man” stalled just after entering the top ten on Alternative radio, what kind of stan wouldn’t want new music from the group? Much like their last album, Ceremonials, look for the set to enter in the top ten and then go further into the top five. (iTunes)
- 25-year-old singer and new So You Think You Can Dance judge Jason Derulo debuts his fourth album this week, and it is appropriately titled Everything Is 4. The leadoff single from it is “Want To Want Me”, which is approaching the top spot at CHR radio. With SEA and TEA sales included, it could give him his highest peak to date. (iTunes)
- Featuring the current pop radio hit “Lean On”, a collaboration with DJ Snake and MØ, the major electronic group known as Major Lazer is on a musical mission with Peace Is The Mission. It’s their third studio album and likely to be the highest charting of the three come next week. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Barenaked Ladies‘s Silverball (iTunes), Ben Lee‘s Love Is The Great Rebellion (iTunes), Billy Currington‘s Summer Forever (iTunes), Dawes‘s All Your Favorite Bands (iTunes), Dom Kennedy‘s By Dom Kennedy (iTunes), Gloriana‘s Three (iTunes), HOLYCHILD‘s The Shape Of Brat Pop To Come (iTunes), Indigo Girls‘s One Lost Day (iTunes), Jamie xx‘s In Colour (iTunes), Late Night Alumni‘s Eclipse (iTunes), Lil Durk‘s Remember My Name (iTunes), Marvin Sapp‘s You Shall Live (iTunes), Melody Gardot‘s Currency Of Man (iTunes), The Darkness‘s Last Of Our Kind (iTunes), The Tenors‘s Under One Sky (iTunes), Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard‘s Django And Jimmie (iTunes), Zella Day‘s Kicker (iTunes) and two compilation albums from films: Bessie (iTunes) and Entourage (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Didn’t Know You”, the new single from Karmin. (iTunes)
- “Feeling Tonight”, new from Kellie Pickler. (iTunes)
- “Phenomenal”, a new song from Eminem. (iTunes)
- “Pity Party”, new from Melanie Martinez. (iTunes)
- “What This World Is Coming To”, a collaboration from Nate Ruess and Beck. (iTunes)
Next week, rockers Muse and Of Monsters And Men are likely to score two of the chart’s highest debuts. A full preview comes on Sunday night for the latest Monday release date.