Memorial Day has come and gone, and the chart veterans are, for the most part, taking in some extra rays. However, a number of new releases are up for sale. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of May 26:
- You may have noticed Washington-born singer Allen Stone‘s new album, Radius, as a First Play on iTunes last week. It is the 28-year-old musician’s first set for Capitol Records and features the singles “Freedom” (currently rising on the Hot AC chart) and “Upside” (making some small gains at AAA radio.) Look for it to see some decent sales this week. (iTunes)
- Featuring the recent minor Hot AC hit “Hurricane”, California pop/rock trio Lifehouse return with the album Out Of The Wasteland, their first to be released independently after a run with Geffen Records. It was produced by longtime manager Jude Cole, best known for his national top ten single “Baby, It’s Tonight” in 1990. (iTunes)
- His single “Cool” (featuring Roy English) looks to be finished at the CHR format, but DJ and producer Alesso has a cool collection of new tunes out today called FOREVER. It’s his debut album, and should be moderately successful in the States. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: A$AP Rocky‘s AT.LONG.LAST.A$AP (iTunes), Boosie Badazz‘s Touch Down 2 Cause Hell (iTunes), Dizzy Wright‘s The Growing Process (iTunes), Hillsong UNITED‘s Empires (iTunes), The Lacs‘s Outlaw In Me (iTunes), The Vaccines‘s English Graffiti (iTunes) and Unknown Mortal Orchestra‘s Multi-Love (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “21”, the new single from Hunter Hayes. (iTunes)
- “Emergency”, new from Icona Pop. (iTunes)
- “Only Right”, new from Ty Dolla $ign, YG, Joe Moses and TeeCee4800. (iTunes)
- “Trust You”, a new single from Rob Thomas. (iTunes)
- “Waiting For Love”, new from DJ and producer Avicii. (iTunes)
Next week, Florence + The Machine and Jason Derulo are among the top releases on the schedule, with both bound for top ten debuts. Will anyone else join them? A full preview comes on Monday night.