Another big soundtrack is ready to hit the top of the charts this week, so get ready to fill up your “Cups” with popcorn and fill up a playlist with some new tunes. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of May 12:
- Back in 2012, the first Pitch Perfect film became a sleeper hit at the box office thanks to word of mouth and a steady record of DVD and soundtrack purchases. Of course, Anna Kendrick‘s “Cups (When I’m Gone)” became a national top ten hit as the sales continued. We’ll see if that happens again with the soundtrack to Pitch Perfect 2, out this week. “Flashlight” is the current single from it, performed by Jessie J. (iTunes)
- Led by the recent Rhythmic and Urban radio single “Peaches And Cream”, featuring album producer Pharrell, the rapper named Snoop Dogg barks up a new release with BUSH, his thirteenth studio album. Will it rank him in the top ten for the first time in four years? Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- 37-year-old dance producer Steve Aoki is out with Neon Future II, which follows last fall’s first edition. The current radio single from it is “I Love It When You Cry (Moxoki)”, featuring Moxie Raia. Look for it somewhere in the top 40. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Beba Rexha‘s I Don’t Wanna Grow Up (EP) (iTunes), David Duchovny‘s Hell Or Highwater (iTunes), Della Mae‘s Della Mae (iTunes), Ed Sheeran‘s 5 (EPs) (iTunes), Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell‘s The Traveling Kind (iTunes), Hinder‘s When The Smoke Clears (iTunes), Incubus‘s Trust Fall (Side A – EP) (iTunes), JD Souther‘s Tenderness (iTunes), Leonard Cohen‘s Can’t Forget: A Souvenir Of The Grand Tour (iTunes), Surfer Blood‘s 1000 Palms (iTunes), The Tallest Man On Earth‘s Dark Bird Is Home (iTunes) and Veil Of Maya‘s Matriarch (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Crave”, the new single from Parachute. (iTunes)
- “Eventually”, an instant grat track from Tame Impala. (iTunes)
- “F**ked Up”, a fan favorite from Young Rising Sons. (iTunes)
- “Stronger”, new from Kiesza. (iTunes)
- “Verge”, a collaboration by Owl City and Aloe Blacc. (iTunes)
- “West End Kids”, the new single from New Politics. (iTunes)
- the three American Idol coronation song choices: “Beautiful Life” by Nick Fradiani (iTunes), “Champion” by Clark Beckham (iTunes) and “Force Field” by Jax (iTunes)
Next week is a Monday release date, which features albums from Mariah Carey, twenty one pilots, Zedd and more! Preview these and more releases coming on Sunday night.