Family rules on this week’s schedule, as those spectacular Sons return with some sizzling songs. (NOTE: some items may not be available until Monday night based on label response status, but most should be up now.) Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of May 4:
- In what has the potential to land the biggest bow of the year so far, the four men of Mumford & Sons lay off the banjos and lay on the rock with their new studio album, Wilder Mind. The twelve track set features “Believe”, a former #1 on the Alternative chart, and new single “The Wolf”, climbing up quickly. Polarizing as it may be, it certainly will open at the top of the Billboard 200 next week. Will it rise above the 600k opening of Babel? Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- Kentucky rockers My Morning Jacket are back with their first new album in four years, The Waterfall, issued through Capitol Records in the States in a joint effort with longtime home ATO. Single “Big Decisions” is just below the top ten on the AAA survey. Though the album leaked a full month early, there should be enough support for a high debut. (iTunes)
- Currently in the top ten on the Urban chart with “I Bet”, actress, dancer and singer Ciara is now out with her sixth studio album titled Jackie. Much of the effort was produced by Cirkut, Dr. Luke and Harmony Samuels. Her opening weeks may not be as large as they used to be, but this will likely put her in the top ten (or five) again. (iTunes)
- If hit music compilations are your thing, check out NOW That’s What I Call Music! Vol. 54 (iTunes) and the special NOW That’s What I Call #1’s (iTunes), both in stores this week. The former album should land a top five entry.
- Other releases out this week include: Best Coast‘s California Nights (iTunes), Charlie Puth‘s Some Type Of Love (EP) (iTunes), Chris Stapleton‘s Traveller (iTunes), Django Django‘s Born Under Saturn (iTunes), Ivan & Alyosha‘s It’s All Just Pretend (iTunes), Kamelot‘s Haven (iTunes), Mikal Cronin‘s MCIII (iTunes), Other Lives‘s Rituals (iTunes), Palma Violets‘s Danger In The Club (iTunes), Penguin Prison‘s Lost In New York (iTunes), Plumb‘s Exhale (iTunes) and Tech N9ne‘s Special Effects (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Angels Of Fenway”, an instant grat track from James Taylor. (iTunes)
- “Baby’s In Love”, a new track from Jamie Foxx and Kid Ink. (iTunes)
- “Back It Up”, the new single from Prince Royce and Pitbull. (iTunes)
- “I Can Change”, an instant grat track from Brandon Flowers. (iTunes)
- “Pretty Girls”, a collaboration from Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea. (iTunes)
- “Songs I Can’t Listen To”, the new single from Neon Trees. (iTunes)
Rapper Snoop Dogg and the soundtrack to Pitch Perfect 2 are among the top new releases next week. A full preview is coming on Monday night.