The last release date in the month of April turns the twang up to a ten, but that’s not everything that the schedule is strumming up. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of April 28:
- You know them from Country smashes like “Chicken Fried”, “Toes” and “Goodbye In Her Eyes”, but the latest album in the Zac Brown Band catalog has the band going in a few different directions. Perhaps that’s why they called it Jekyll + Hyde. “Homegrown” recently hit #1 at the format, but they’re also on top of the Active Rock survey with “Heavy Is The Head”, featuring Chris Cornell. No matter what side you prefer, the set should be #1 in sales next week. (iTunes)
- Close to landing his third #1 single at the Country format with “A Guy Walks Into A Bar”, 31-year-old Missouri musician Tyler Farr is out with Suffer In Peace, his first album in a year and a half. The song was recently certified Gold, and the top ten (or possibly top five) is looking good for the new full-length release. (iTunes)
- Josh Groban‘s recent #1 album in the United Kingdom is now out here this week, Stages. The new set is a collection of songs from classic musicals and features a duet with original American Idol champ Kelly Clarkson. Look for the effort to crash the top ten next week. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Blur‘s The Magic Whip (iTunes), Eric Clapton‘s Forever Man (iTunes), Everclear‘s Black Is The New Black (iTunes), George FitzGerald‘s Fading Love (iTunes), Insane Clown Posse‘s The Marvelous Missing Link (Lost) (iTunes), Matthew West‘s Live Forever (iTunes), Mew‘s +- (iTunes), Pat Benatar‘s 35th Anniversary Tour (Live) (iTunes), Raekwon‘s Fly International Luxurious Art (iTunes) and The Weepies‘s Sirens (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Ah Ha”, new from Nate Ruess. (iTunes)
- “Counting On Love”, a new single from Matt McAndrew. (iTunes)
- “Infinity”, new from Mariah Carey. (iTunes)
It’s all about Mumford & Sons next week as Wilder Mind hits stores on Monday. A full preview of the week, including other new releases from Ciara and My Morning Jacket, comes on Sunday night.