Acts from Alternative radio are highlighted in this week’s releases roundup, including a highly anticipated second set for three guys and a gal from the Heart Of Dixie. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of April 21:
- Three years ago, singer Brittany Howard and the band Alabama Shakes began a great run with their first album, Boys & Girls, certified Gold in 2013. (Lead single “Hold On” was certified Gold a year later.) Now, the quartet is back with the critical winner that’s sure to be next week’s top debut, Sound & Color. It features “Don’t Wanna Fight”, their current hit at multiple formats. (iTunes)
- Though their single “Lifted Up (1985)” didn’t lift up nearly as high as some of their past singles, Passion Pit isn’t letting that stop the release of Kindred, available this week. This is the third album for the act; their previous effort, Gossamer, reached the top five on the Billboard 200 during the summer of 2012. (iTunes)
- The New York quintet called Joywave first charted at the Alternative format in 2014 as the featured act on Big Data‘s #1 single, “Dangerous”. They’re out with How Do You Feel Now? this week. It includes the recent hit “Somebody New”, which was aided by iHeartRadio’s On The Verge program. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: 10 Years‘s From Birth To Burial (iTunes), A Silent Film‘s New Year (EP) (iTunes), Built To Spill‘s Untethered Moon (iTunes), Curren$y‘s Even More Saturday Night Car Tunes (EP) (iTunes), Dustin Kensrue‘s Carry The Fire (iTunes), Frank Sinatra‘s Ultimate Sinatra (iTunes), Matt Woods‘s In The Dark (EP) (iTunes), Murs‘s Have A Nice Life (iTunes), Passenger‘s Whispers II (iTunes), Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen‘s Hold My Beer, Vol. 1 (iTunes), San Fermin‘s Jackrabbit (iTunes), the one and only PPL MVR‘s the one and only PPL MVR (EP) (iTunes), They Might Be Giants‘s Glean (iTunes), Various Artists‘s Radio Disney Music Awards (iTunes), Yelawolf‘s Love Story (iTunes) and Young Thug‘s Barter 6 (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Ghost Town”, new from Adam Lambert. (iTunes)
- “Hallelujah”, new from Panic! At The Disco. (iTunes)
- “She Bad”, a new single from Vine star Cameron Dallas and featuring SJ3. (iTunes)
- “Talking About”, the new single from Conor Maynard. (iTunes)
Josh Groban‘s Stages and the Zac Brown Band‘s Jekyll + Hyde will be among next week’s top new releases. Will either one debut at the top? A full preview is coming in seven!