From swinging onto Vine and through the branches of the Billboard 200, there’s a rising social star whose fans are wild about a debut album from him. Let’s jump into the jungle with the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of April 14:
- He’s all of 16 years old and he already has a top five EP and two charting singles on the Hot 100. Of course, he also has a few million fans to his credit across his social media platforms. Popular Vine singer and now major label recording artist Shawn Mendes is out with a full-length album called Handwritten, featuring “Life Of The Party” and “Something Big”. Though neither has become a radio hit despite two releases of each to the CHR airwaves, the pre-order count built up in the last few months will certainly land him in the top two when all is said and done. (iTunes)
- Looking for their first top ten (and perhaps even top five) on the Billboard 200 is the hard rock quartet Halestorm and their third studio album, Into The Wild Life. The set features a recent #1 single on the Active Rock chart, “Apocalyptic”, and a few other album cuts that are selling, like “Amen” and “Sick Individual”. A nice sales week is in order for them, but given the recent change to the album chart formula, we’ll have to wait and see just how well it does. (iTunes)
- With the first studio album released by the Nash Icons imprint of Big Machine Records, country star Reba McIntire is out with Love Somebody, featuring the minor chart single “Going Out Like That”. (She’s credited by her first name now.) Though it won’t do nearly as well as her past sets, the new material’s gone over well with her fans. (iTunes)
- Odd Future’s Tyler, The Creator is already topping the iTunes albums list with Cherry Bomb, which was announced a few days before its release this week. Several album cuts from it are charting well on the overall songs list. A physical CD is due later this month. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Avid Dancer‘s 1st Bath (iTunes), Dance Gavin Dance‘s Instant Gratification (iTunes), Dwight Yoakam‘s Second Hand Heart (iTunes), Greg Holden‘s Chase The Sun (iTunes), Jack Garratt‘s Synesthesiac (EP) (iTunes), needtobreathe‘s Live From The Woods (iTunes), Sabrina Carpenter‘s Eyes Wide Open (iTunes), The Mowgli’s Kids In Love (iTunes) and Tori Amos‘s deluxe re-issues of Little Earthquakes (iTunes) and Under The Pink (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Addicted To A Memory”, new from Zedd and Bahari. (iTunes)
- “Still Want You”, a new instant grat track from Brandon Flowers. (iTunes)
Next week, rockers Alabama Shakes could be the top debut on the chart with Sound & Color. How will they do against other potential entries from Passion Pit and Yelawolf? A full preview is coming in seven!