After a schedule full of crazy colorful Easter eggs last week, the hunt for sweet springtime albums this week falls flat, much like the matzah I’ll be eating until Saturday. Yikes. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of April 7:
- Pop-punk quartet All Time Low have three top ten albums to their credit on the Billboard 200, with Don’t Panic being their most recent in the fall of 2012. The four will be looking for their fourth in a row with Future Hearts. Several instant grat tracks from the record are selling well, including the single “Something’s Gotta Give”, which Hits 1 recently began to play. Look for the effort to debut in the top five. (iTunes)
- Riding high on the charts with “G.D.F.R” is rapper Flo Rida, and his latest EP out this week is My House. It’s his first big release in just under three years. During that period of time, two of his singles underperformed (2013’s “Can’t Believe It” and followup “How I Feel”) and a planned studio album, The Perfect 10, was delayed several times. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Bad Company‘s deluxe reissues of Bad Company (iTunes) and Straight Shooter (iTunes), Brian Wilson‘s No Pier Pressure (iTunes), Cassandra Wilson‘s Coming Forth By Day (iTunes), Delta Rae‘s After It All (iTunes), Kristian Bush‘s Southern Gravity (iTunes), Lord Huron‘s Strange Tails (iTunes), Matt & Kim‘s New Glow (iTunes), Priory‘s Need To Know (iTunes), The Knocks‘s So Classic (EP) (iTunes), Todd Rundgren‘s Global (iTunes) and WATERS‘s What’s Real (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Chingalinga”, new from Alyxx Dione and Jason Derulo. (iTunes)
- “Crash And Burn”, a new single from Thomas Rhett. (iTunes)
- “Sparks”, the new single from Hilary Duff. (iTunes)
- “Tear In My Heart”, the new single from twenty one pilots. (iTunes)
Newcomer Shawn Mendes has a hot debut on the way next week with his album Handwritten, but how will it do against rock band Halestorm and their Into The Wild Life? A full preview is coming in seven!