A country star and a pop legend take center stage this week on the release schedule, but television’s top new show may give us the new #1 album atop the Billboard 200. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of March 10:
- It’s been growing in audience every week since it began airing in January on the FOX network and its digital releases are soaring up the iTunes charts. Empire is simply a phenomenon. Now, the Original Soundtrack From Season 1 appears as though it will be another top-seller for the expanding brand and has a strong potential to debut at the top. Given that the season finale is still a week away, expect this to hang around for a while as people catch up on the action. (iTunes)
- It wouldn’t be spring break without a new set of songs from one of country music’s biggest names, Luke Bryan. His set is titled Spring Break… Checkin’ Out, his seventh release in the series, issued as an EP and a full album (combining 2014 EP Spring Break… Like We Ain’t Ever.) The track “Games” is currently receiving some unsolicited radio play. If Empire can’t reach #1 with their release, Bryan will certainly take the title. (iTunes)
- Well… Madonna‘s latest era hasn’t gone exactly as she planned. From leaks to singles underperforming at radio, things have been less than ideal over the last several months. Nevertheless, Rebel Heart makes its official debut today and still features “Living For Love”, which is (kind of) selling. Look for it to enter in the top five. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Fences‘s Lesser Oceans (iTunes), Kevin “K.O.” Olusola‘s Renegade (EP) (iTunes), Mod Sun‘s Look Up (iTunes), Olly Murs‘s U.S. release of Never Been Better (iTunes), Sheppard‘s U.S. release of Bombs Away (iTunes), Will Butler‘s Policy (iTunes) and the original soundtrack to the upcoming film Cinderella (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “County Building Blues”, new from Kendrick Lamar. (iTunes)
- “Fly”, new from the Florida band Sleeping With Sirens. (iTunes)
- “For A Boy”, new from country newcomer RaeLynn. (iTunes)
- “Kids In The Dark”, another album cut from All Time Low. (iTunes)
- “Lay Me Down”, a new version of Sam Smith‘s latest single, featuring John Legend. (iTunes)
- “Pure Imagination” and “What I Did For Love”, two instant grat tracks from Josh Groban‘s Stages. (iTunes)
- “Wolves”, a new collaboration from Kanye West, Sia and Vic Mensa. (iTunes)
Another soundtrack, this one to the forthcoming action film Furious 7, will be among next week’s top entries, along with other new albums from acts like AWOLNATION and Marina & The Diamonds. A full preview is coming in seven!