It’s a new month and there’s a new set of releases ready to storm the top of the charts, including the latest from a pop star with TV roots and several newcomers. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of March 3:
- Former American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson takes it Piece By Piece with her latest studio album, featuring the single “Heartbeat Song”, which is currently enjoying a nice digital run and moderate airtime at three formats. With her run of six consecutive top five debuts, including two #1 albums, this will obviously be up there next week. Question is, will the set be as strong in the long run? Hard to tell at this point. (iTunes)
- You know them from the top ten hit “Me And My Broken Heart” and their current single “Hotel Ceiling”, and now those youngsters who call themselves Rixton are finally out with their delayed album, Let The Road. The initial hype from it is largely gone, but it should make a decent entry on the charts, especially with such a long pre-order window. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: AJR‘s Living Room (iTunes), Brandi Carlile‘s The Firewatcher’s Daughter (iTunes), Lady Lamb The Beekeeper‘s After (iTunes), Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds‘s Chasing Yesterday (iTunes), Purity Ring‘s Another Eternity (iTunes), RuPaul‘s Realness (iTunes), The Janoskians‘s Would You Love Me (EP) (iTunes) and Tuxedo‘s Tuxedo (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Adore”, new from Cashmere Cat and Ariana Grande. (iTunes)
- “Double Tap”, new from Jordin Sparks and 2 Chainz. (iTunes)
- “I Really Like You”, the new single from Carly Rae Jepsen. (iTunes)
- “Let You Go”, a collaboration from The Chainsmokers and Great Good Fine OK. (iTunes)
- “New Romantics”, a former 1989 deluxe track from Taylor Swift. (iTunes)
Next week, it’s the latest Spring Break compilation from Luke Bryan versus Madonna and her Rebel Heart of a release for a chance at the top. How will they do against newcomers Fences and Sheppard? A full preview is coming in seven.