Last week, the charts were rocking out to a big new sound. Now, it’s back to the urban side of music as the heavyweights come forward and set their sights on #1. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of February 24:
- Rapper Big Sean hasn’t had an album out since the fall of 2013, but both of his previous sets have only gone as high as #3 on the Billboard 200 survey. That may now change with his latest effort, Dark Sky Paradise, led by a single that got onto three radio formats, the Platinum-selling “I Don’t F–k With You”. That new energy and momentum should help to boost numbers; we’ll see just how much of an effect it has very soon. (iTunes)
- If you enjoy Chris Brown, Tyga, or a combination of the two performers, you may remember that they worked on a mixtape together several years back. Now, the two are back for an official studio release, Fan Of A Fan – The Album. It features the current Rhythm and Urban top ten single, “Ayo”. Given their respective fanbases, it’s clear that this one is due for a solid first week, probably inside the top five. (iTunes)
- Still reliving the memories of young love, Kid Rock is back with an album entitled First Kiss. That title also happens to be the name of his latest single, currently top 20 at Active Rock radio and top 40 at Hot AC. Though he doesn’t possess the selling power that he once did, the set should make a solid debut in the top ten, if not higher. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: All That Remains‘s The Order Of Things (iTunes), Emile Haynie‘s We Fall (iTunes), Falling In Reverse‘s Just Like You (iTunes), Mat Kearney‘s Just Kids (iTunes), MisterWives‘s Our Own House (iTunes), Red‘s of Beauty and Rage (iTunes), The Airborne Toxic Event‘s Dope Machines (iTunes) and the soundtrack to television’s Sons Of Anarchy called Songs Of Anarchy, Volume 4 (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Invincible”, the first of five instant grat tracks this week from Kelly Clarkson. (iTunes)
- “I Want You To Know”, a collaboration from rumored couple Zedd and Selena Gomez. (iTunes)
- “Nothing Without Love”, a solo single from fun.‘s Nate Ruess. (iTunes)
Next week, former American Idol champ Kelly Clarkson and the comeback kids Modest Mouse will be among the top ten debuts on the Billboard 200. How high can they and newcomers like Rixton go? A full preview is coming in seven!