Yes, the GRAMMY season is officially over for now, and while you may be catching up on music from some of last night’s big winners, there’s always more new music to be discovered. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of February 10:
- The biggest of this week’s new releases is the all-star soundtrack from the forthcoming Fifty Shades Of Grey film, new in theaters later this week. The two big singles from it so far are Ellie Goulding‘s “Love Me Like You Do”, moving up the CHR and Hot AC radio lists, and The Weeknd‘s “Earned It” is climbing at both Rhythm and Urban radio. It’s not clear right now whether the set will top any of the more notable GRAMMY winners like Beck or Sam Smith, but the weekend box office numbers could boost it well. (iTunes)
- Led by the single “Adiós”, a recent top ten hit on the Latin charts, popular Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin returns with A Quien Quiera Escuchar (English: To Those Who Want To Listen). It’s his first album in four years. Will it debut in the top five like his last outing? We’ll see soon. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Father John Misty‘s I Love You, Honeybear (iTunes), Foy Vance‘s Live At Bangor Alley (iTunes), JD McPherson‘s Let The Good Times Roll (iTunes), Love And Theft‘s Whiskey On My Breath (iTunes), Michelle Chamuel‘s Face The Fire (iTunes), Rumer‘s Into Colour (iTunes), Sisqo‘s Last Dragon (iTunes) and the deluxe edition of St. Vincent‘s St. Vincent (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Anyway”, new from the English band New Motion. (iTunes)
- “Don’t Wanna Fight”, new from Alabama Shakes. (iTunes)
- “Goodbye”, the first single from the mysterious Nashville singer/songwriter Who Is Fancy. (iTunes)
- “Hold On Tight”, “Iconic” and “Joan Of Arc”, three pre-release tracks from Madonna. (iTunes)
- “Marvin Gaye”, a single from newcomer Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor. (iTunes)
- “Nobody Love”, new from singer Tori Kelly. (iTunes)
- “Whistle (While You Work It)”, the latest single from Katy Tiz. (iTunes)
Next week, the sophomore album from Las Vegas rockers Imagine Dragons, titled Smoke + Mirrors, will likely debut atop the Billboard 200. Who else gets in on the action? A full preview is coming in seven!