The times they are a-changin’, and so is the music scene. Luckily, there are some legacy acts to balance everything out. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of February 3:
- He’s been putting out big sellers for five decades now, but Bob Dylan is taking a slightly different approach with this latest album of his, Shadows In The Night. A strictly covers project, Dylan takes on classic tracks from Ol’ Blue Eyes, the legendary Frank Sinatra. Just about six years ago, Dylan last debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 with Together Through Life; will this bring him back to the top and earn him his sixth chart-topper? Stay tuned. (iTunes)
- Due for a strong debut thanks a fan group known as the Harmonizers, pop quintet and former X Factor finalists Fifth Harmony release their first full-length album today, Reflection. Recent single “Sledgehammer” is now done on CHR radio, though it did reach a higher peak than “BO$$” and “Miss Movin’ On”. Given the weak sales period every year at this time, a #1 debut is possible with this set. (iTunes)
- Rapper Kid Ink peaked at #3 on the Billboard 200 last year with My Own Lane, and he’ll be trying to break the same region again with Full Speed. Two songs have charted at both Rhythmic and Urban radio from the new project: “Body Language” (with Usher and Tinashe) and “Hotel” (with Chris Brown.) (iTunes)
- Once again, the music compilations are taking over the new releases schedule, as NOW That’s What I Call Music! Vol. 53 (iTunes) and NOW That’s What I Call Movies! (iTunes) both debut, as well as WOW Gospel 2015. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Butch Walker‘s Afraid Of Ghosts (iTunes), Diana Krall‘s Wallflower (iTunes), Jeremy Camp‘s I Will Follow (iTunes), LeAnn Rimes‘s All-Time Greatest Hits (iTunes), Skizzy Mars‘s The Red Balloon Project (iTunes), Tor Miller‘s Headlights (EP) (iTunes) and Two Gallants‘s We Are Undone (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Billion”, a pre-release track from Mat Kearney. (iTunes)
- “Brother”, a new version of a needtobreathe album cut, featuring Gavin DeGraw. (iTunes)
- “Clint Eastwood”, a new single from Jessie James Decker. (iTunes)
- “Hurricane”, new from the group MisterWives. (iTunes)
- “I’m A Ruin”, the latest pre-release song by Marina & The Diamonds. (iTunes)
- “Knock Me Out”, the debut release from Fancy Reagan. (iTunes)
- “Let Me Down Easy”, a new single from Max Frost. (iTunes)
Next week, the soundtrack to Fifty Shades Of Grey debuts, and with several hit singles to date, it is sure to make a big splash on the charts. How will it do against Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and other big albums? A full preview is coming in seven!