This ain’t a scene, but it is a race to get to the top of the Billboard 200, as a male group goes up against two fierce females in a January sales battle. Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of January 20:
- It won’t be #1 for “Centuries”, but hey, a week will do just as well. Rockers Fall Out Boy start the year out on a good note with American Beauty/American Psycho, expected to be next week’s top seller after strong pre-order data. The album would be the band’s third studio album to reach #1 and their first since 2013’s Save Rock And Roll. We will see if it opens any stronger than that last effort. (iTunes)
- The latest from The Decemberists makes its debut on shelves and may just have the best title of the week: What A Terrible World, What A Beautiful World. It features the single “Make You Better”, which stays put in the #3 position at AAA radio. Four years ago, the January release of The King Is Dead gave them a #1 debut, but they’ll have to settle for the top five this time. (iTunes)
- As always during this time of year, a compilation of some of the 2015 GRAMMY Nominees is out today as the big day approaches on February 8. Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Miley Cyrus and Sia are among the set’s choices from the Big Four and Pop categories. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Belle And Sebastian‘s Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance (iTunes), Enter Shikari‘s The Mindsweep (iTunes), Jamie Scott‘s My Hurricane (iTunes), Joey Bada$$‘s B4.DA.$$ (iTunes), Lupe Fiasco‘s Tetsuo & Youth (iTunes), Marilyn Manson‘s The Pale Emperor (iTunes), Mikky Ekko‘s Time (iTunes), Ryan Bingham‘s Fear And Saturday Night (iTunes) and Sleater-Kinney‘s No Cities To Love (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Last Damn Night”, a pre-release single from Elle King. (iTunes)
- “Los Angeles”, the latest pre-release album track from Mat Kearney. (iTunes)
- “Number One”, new from the duo Tuxedo. (iTunes)
- “One More”, a new track from Ne-Yo and T.I. as a featured artist. (iTunes)
- “Stay With Me”, an album cut from Bob Dylan. (iTunes)
- “Wait For Me”, a collaboration from Emile Haynie and Lana Del Rey. (iTunes)
- “Worth It”, new from girl group Fifth Harmony. (iTunes)
Next week, it’ll be George Ezra‘s U.S. edition of Wanted On Voyage vs. Ne-Yo‘s Non-Fiction for the top new entry of the week. Will either one grab a seat at the summit? A full preview is coming in seven days!