The girl who championed “bringing booty back” is set to be the champion of one major music chart next week. Who are the other contenders training for an entry? Here are the albums and singles that are new in stores for the week of January 13:
- She’s had two big hits in a row with “All About That Bass” and “Lips Are Movin'”, and now, Meghan Trainor will be movin’ a significant amount of first week copies for her first full-length album, Title. (Yes, that is the actual title of it. Not the most creative name for an album, but there have been much worse.) Look for it to have a strong debut at the top of the album chart, reminiscent of Ke$ha‘s January debut of Animal back in 2010. (iTunes).
- Bumped up two weeks from its original release date at the end of the month, DJ and producer Mark Ronson is now out with his first studio album since 2010, Uptown Special. It includes the recent Hot 100 #1 hit with Bruno Mars, “Uptown Funk”. This will easily be Ronson’s highest-charting U.S. album with a solid pre-order count, thanks in part to sale pricing. (iTunes)
- Also new to the U.S. market this week is Ella Henderson‘s first album, Chapter One, which is already a Gold album in the United Kingdom after three months on sale. It features “Ghost”, slowly turning into a hit after the song’s initial choice for Clear Channel/iHeartMedia’s On The Verge program for Hot AC radio last year. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: DMX‘s Redemption Of The Beast (iTunes), Donny Osmond‘s The Soundtrack Of My Life (iTunes), Jazmine Sullivan‘s Reality Show (iTunes), Kat Dahlia‘s My Garden (iTunes), Kidz Bop‘s Kidz Bop 27 (iTunes), Panda Bear‘s Panda Bear Meets The Grim Reaper (iTunes) and a Various Artists effort, Another Day, Another Time: Celebrating The Music Of Inside Llewyn Davis (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Apocalyptic”, new from rockers Halestorm. (iTunes)
- “Heartbeat Song”, new from Kelly Clarkson. (iTunes)
- “Homegrown”, a new single from Zac Brown Band. (iTunes)
- “Uma Thurman”, the latest pre-release album track from Fall Out Boy. (iTunes)
Next week, Fall Out Boy, Lupe Fiasco and The Decemberists are all fighting for top ten debuts on the Billboard 200, but the ladies of the moment, Meghan Trainor and Taylor Swift, will be staying strong against the guys. A full preview is coming in seven days!