There’s nothing like music as a present for the holidays, and if you’re looking for a few last-minute selections to stuff some stockings, notable Country and R&B releases are arriving just in time, among others. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of December 9:
- Celebrating her many years of success on the Country survey is former American Idol winner and current superstar Carrie Underwood and her Greatest Hits: Decade #1 compilation. The two disc album features her recent top ten “Something In The Water”, several unreleased demos, and, of course, all of the big hits. It has a slightly higher price tag given the amount of material, but it should still make a good impact, especially physically. (iTunes)
- With perhaps the wild card of this week’s schedule is rapper/singer J. Cole and his third studio album, 2014 Forest Hills Drive. No singles were released prior to the album’s release date, though “Apparently” will go to Rhythm radio and “GOMD” to Urban radio today. Both of his prior sets have sold north of 200,000 copies in their first frame: can this accomplish the same feat? We’ll see soon. (iTunes)
- Climbing up the top 30 at Urban radio with “Love ‘Em All”, singer and reality TV star K. Michelle returns with her latest album, Anybody Wanna Buy A Heart? It follows Rebellious Soul, which debuted in the runner-up position on the Billboard 200 last year. This set should put her back in the top ten on the big list. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: Angels & Airwaves‘s The Dream Walker (iTunes), Bastille‘s VS. (Other People’s Heartache, Pt. III) (iTunes), Cracker‘s Berkeley To Bakersfield (iTunes), E-40‘s Sharp On All 4 Corners (iTunes), Johnny Gill‘s Game Changer (iTunes) and the Smashing Pumpkins‘s Monuments To An Elegy (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Honest”, a new single from Kodaline. (iTunes)
- “Like That”, new from the duo Jack & Jack featuring Skate Maloley. (iTunes)
- “Under The Influence”, a pre-release single from Elle King. (iTunes)
Next week marks the last big release date of 2014, this time on Monday, with albums by Charli XCX and Nicki Minaj in the mix. We’ll see you on Sunday night for the full musical menu.