There’s only one direction that these overall sales are going… up! Q4 is in full effect with several six figure openings on tap for this batch of new releases. (NOTE: some of this week’s music releases may not be out until Tuesday dependent on label availability/iTunes response time.) Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of November 17:
- From “Steal My Girl” to “Night Changes” and all the instant grat tracks still on the charts, One Direction has a nice thing going for them in promoting their latest set, FOUR. The English quintet’s had two consecutive albums sell over 500,000 copies in the first week — will this be their third? Hard to tell at this point, but you know that another #1 on the Billboard 200 is a lock. (iTunes)
- With their first album since 2011, Canadian rockers Nickelback are back in stores with No Fixed Address, released on the band’s new label, Republic. Single “Edge Of A Revolution” leaped to #1 on the Active Rock survey, but “What Are You Waiting For?” has stalled out in the 20’s at Hot AC. Look for this to land in the top five. (iTunes)
- Singer and songwriter Lorde is credited as the curator for the soundtrack to the upcoming blockbuster The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Pt. 1. The set includes four songs by or featuring the teen star, as well as acts like Charli XCX, Tinashe, Tove Lo and others. This could also crash the top five on the chart. (iTunes)
- Serving up a multi-disc compilation that spans his decades of rich music is the legend himself, David Bowie, now in stores with Nothing Has Changed. Each edition of it features a different cover of him looking into the mirror during a different album era. It’s a great gift for hardcore fans. (iTunes)
- Other releases out this week include: 5 Seconds Of Summer‘s Good Girls (EP) (iTunes), Bruce Springsteen‘s The Album Collection, Vol. 1 (1973-1984) (iTunes), Bryan Ferry‘s Avonmore (iTunes), Depeche Mode‘s Live In Berlin (iTunes), In This Moment‘s Black Widow (iTunes), Kristin Chenoweth‘s Coming Home (iTunes), Trisha Yearwood‘s PrizeFighter: Hit After Hit (Amazon), TV On The Radio‘s Seeds (iTunes), Wilco‘s Alpha Mike Foxtrot: Rare Tracks 1994 – 2014 (iTunes) and the following Various Artists compilations: Annie: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (iTunes), Christmas At Downton Abbey (iTunes), Punk Goes Pop, Vol. 6 (iTunes) and The Art Of McCartney (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Different Colors”, a pre-release single from Walk The Moon. (iTunes)
- “Flight”, new from pop/rockers Lifehouse. (iTunes)
- “Text Me Merry Christmas”, a new holiday single from Straight No Chaser and Kristen Bell. (iTunes)
- “Wrapped Up”, a collaboration from Olly Murs and Travie McCoy. (iTunes)
See you next Sunday night with new releases from David Guetta, Eminem, Rick Ross, Selena Gomez and more!