We took a trip back to 1989 last week, but this week, we’re back to the future with several releases that definitely belong in 2014. Then again, there are some older acts on the schedule that may take us time traveling again. Here’s what albums and singles are in stores for the week of November 4:
- He’s one of the hottest DJ’s and music producers on the charts today: 30-year-old Calvin Harris is taking over the world and he pulls into power with his latest album, Motion. It includes the current worldwide hit “Blame”, featuring John Newman, as well as his big song of a few months ago, “Summer”. His last album went top 20 on the Billboard 200, but this is due for a much better peak. (iTunes)
- Continuing with a set of bootleg recordings that have been released for over two decades, the legendary Bob Dylan is out in stores with The Bootleg Series Vol. 11: The Basement Tapes Complete, an astounding six disc collection of original recordings by he and The Band that were produced during the summer of 1967. This is an essential for the Dylan fan in the family. (iTunes)
- Covering tunes from some of the greatest girl groups in all of music history, a certain Divine Miss M, Bette Midler, is out with It’s The Girls! This is the performer’s first studio album in eight years, and while it may not rank as well as the classics in her catalogue, the older demo will definitely be out for this one. (iTunes)
- Two rereleases from Paul McCartney and Wings take flight into stores this week: the former #1 sets Venus And Mars (iTunes) and Wings At The Speed Of Sound (iTunes) see deluxe editions with additional discs with bonus cuts and hardcover books documenting the making of each album.
- Other releases out this week include: Ani DiFranco‘s Allergic To Water (iTunes), Dirty South‘s With You (iTunes), Jake Miller‘s Lion Heart (EP) (iTunes), Janine And The Mixtape‘s Dark Mind (EP) (iTunes), Maddie & Tae‘s Maddie & Tae (EP) (iTunes), Neil Young‘s Storytone (iTunes), Teyana Taylor‘s VII (iTunes), Theophilus London‘s Vibes (iTunes), The Doobie Brothers‘s Southbound (iTunes), The Rolling Stones‘s From The Vault: Hampton Coliseum (iTunes), The Vamps‘s Meet The Vamps (iTunes) and T-Pain‘s T-Pain Presents Happy Hour: The Greatest Hits (iTunes).
New digital-only singles that you can buy this week include:
- “Heartbeat”, the new single from Mat Kearney. (iTunes)
- “Maybe I Should Call”, a pre-release single from singer K. Michelle. (iTunes)
It’s another stack of Monday releases for the next (at least) three weeks, with new albums from the Foo Fighters, Garth Brooks, Nick Jonas and more on deck. See you on Sunday night.